Senior Regional Market Manager
Must to have skills:
You will be joining a team that is building upon the tremendous momentum generated by the success of our client's best-in-class products at a regional level as we continue to earn the expansion of their customer base through innovative, reliable and efficient broadband-based services. Our client's team is tasked with leveraging the best of what they already do and adding in the best of what they know to be possible. They are excited about this challenge and they are seeking creative, flexible and smart individuals who think strategically, focus on clear and simple communications, and enjoy collaborating with others to drive optimal results.
About the role:
Our client is currently looking for an experienced professional to fill a Senior Regional Market Manager position for a 12 month contract position. The Senior Regional Market Manager will work within a team and be responsible for developing and leading the execution of a local market launch strategy. This person will also identify and evaluate new initiatives and review existing programs required to support our client’s marketing strategies to drive penetration in the target markets. This role is unique in that there is a key component of building relationships with key stakeholders both internal and external. If you are a high energy and results oriented individual who is looking for an opportunity to work with a high performing team, we’d love to hear from you.
• Leverage command of market knowledge to build, secure alignment, and execute an integrated community-centric market(ing) strategy (including multiple programs – cross portfolio, cross channel, cross function)
• Understand the community landscape and be a champion for a community-centered marketing approach in working with key stakeholders from across the business
• Execute on market strategy to increase penetration of our clients' products/services in target markets; be prepared to trial different approaches to uncover the optimal method
• Responsible and accountable executing key marketing events
• Build and leverage municipal and local team relationships to inform, shape and steward the market strategy
• Contribute to the development of initiatives to establish best in class practices within our client
You are a marketing and/or sales professional looking to demonstrate your natural talent for relationship building and innovation in a series of small, contained market explorations. You are energetic, results oriented and not afraid to try new things and will engage your key stakeholders to ensure everyone has input and can learn from different ways of doing things. People would describe you as affable and structured in your approach.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Track record of collaborations leveraging internal and external stakeholder relationships
• Have existing relationships or connections within the local community and possess a detailed understanding of the community
• Demonstrate influence and strategy skills; planning and promotion
• Demonstrate creativity and problem-solving skills
• Ability to present to a large audience
• Proven ability to make strategic recommendations on gap closure initiatives, secure alignment and budget
• Confidently present ideas to executive leadership
• Proven risk management and conflict resolution skills
• Excellent leadership, analytical, communication and presentation skills
• Ability to develop strong relationships with stakeholders, meet tight deadlines and tolerate ambiguity
• Program management
• Desire to "roll up your sleeves" to get things done
• Ability to travel to execute events and activities within the lower mainland
• Ability to work within a virtual team environment
• Ability and desire to engage with local residents and businesses on a door-to-door level
• Desire to learn about technology and generate excitement over products and services
• Flexible in your work schedule as part of the role is evenings and weekends
Required Professional Designation/Certification & Experience:
• A degree or equivalent marketing and business experience is required.
• 5+ years progressive experience in Marketing, Sales and Business positions
• Telecom/industry experience and exposure to a variety of marketing roles would be beneficial
1.English, Cantonese & Mandarin speaking (required)
2.Community/regional marketing experience
3.Experience in grassroots event planning and execution
Nice to have skills:
1. Telecommunications experience
2. Experience working with community groups, organizations and stakeholders in Burnaby, B.C.
3. Experiential marketing and go-to-market experience