The primary responsibilities of this position are to develop security programs, provide subject matter expertise, top tier support to the operational security team, and participate in internal and external working groups.
This senior position requires exceptional technical aptitude, leadership and customer interface skills. Daily activities include collaborating with the client, designing, implementing and supporting security solutions in line with the client’s technology and business strategies
• Utilizing Security Analysis tools and methodologies to effectively describe, inform and mitigate security threats for customers
• Maintaining a strong understanding of current IT security Risk and vulnerabilities.
• The Senior Security Consultant supports project managers and change managers in the planning and design of security related services enhancements
• The Senior Security Consultant is the expert in security architecture and design principles and has a thorough understanding of security standards and methodologies
• The Senior Security Consultant is responsible for proper documentation and cross training needed to insure seamless introduction of new technologies and security changes within existing operational models
• Preparing drafts of changes for existing IT security procedures and policies or for new policies and procedures
• Work closely with other operational teams including network operations, abuse management, and external operational points of contact
• A minimum of 7 years of security professional work experience
• A thorough knowledge of IT Network, Data Centre, Internet Protocol, File Transfer, Spam.
• Expertise with security methodologies, standards, and best practices (i.e: ITIL, ISO 17799/BS7799, and other security-related practices are an asset)
• Expertise within a broad range of security sub-
• Experience with architecting, deploying and troubleshooting multi-vendor security environments including:
o Firewalls (Cisco, Juniper, CheckPoint, Palo Alto);
o IDS/P technologies (Tippingpoint, McAfee, Cisco, Juniper);
o IPSec and SSL VPN’s (Juniper, Cisco, Nortel);
o SIEM tools (RSA Envision, ArcSight, Intellitactics);
o Remote Authentication (TACACS+, RSA SecurID, CryptoCard);
o Content Filtering (Websense, Crossbeam, Cisco IronPort).
• Troubleshooting of LAN/WAN multi-vendor environments including inter-networking technologies (including Cisco, Juniper and Nortel), IP applications and protocols (including HTTP/S, POP, SMTP, FTP, TELNET, SSH, NNTP, LDAP, SNMP), and telecommunications facilities (Frame Relay, Ethernet)
• Experience with Unix and Unix-like operating environments (including Solaris, HPUX, AIX, Linux, and *BSD)
Must to have skills:
1. Design, Provisioning, or Operational experience with Juniper, Palo Alto and Check Point Firewalls
2. Ability to troubleshoot complex end-to-end IP connectivity issues
3. Design, Provisioning, or Operational experience with other Security related devices or services such as IPS, mail and web services, Identity Management Systems, SIEM etc.
Nice to have skills:
1. Scripting experience
2. Familiarity with Microsoft and/or Google productivity tools
3. Solid understanding of Security components design, management and integration into a complex IP network