Regional Market Manager – Calgary
You will be joining a team that is building upon the tremendous momentum generated by the success of our client’s best-in-class products at a regional level as they continue to earn the expansion of their customer base through innovative, reliable and efficient broadband-based services. Their team is tasked with leveraging the best of what they already do and adding in the best of what they know to be possible. Our client is excited about this challenge and they are seeking creative, flexible and smart individuals who think strategically, focus on clear and simple communications, and enjoy collaborating with others to drive optimal results.
About the role
We are currently looking for an experienced professional to fill a Regional Market Manager position for a 12 month contract position. The Regional Market Manager will work within a team and be responsible for executing the ground game for a local market strategy. This person will also identify and evaluate new initiatives and review existing programs required to support our clients marketing strategies to drive penetration in the target markets. If you are a high energy and results oriented individual who is looking for an opportunity to work with a high performing team, we’d love to hear from you.
- Execute on market strategy to increase penetration of our clients products/services in target markets; be prepared to trial different approaches to uncover the optimal method
- Responsible and accountable to execute many marketing events – these events often take place during evenings and weekends so a flexible work schedule is required
- Understand the community landscape and be a champion for a community-centered marketing approach in working many key stakeholders
- Partner with various sales channels to facilitate sales – this may include going door to door to provide education and awareness of our clients products and services to customers
- Leverage command of market knowledge to build, secure alignment, and execute an integrated community-centric market(ing) strategy (including multiple programs – cross portfolio, cross channel, cross function)
You are a marketing and/or sales professional looking to demonstrate your natural talent for engaging customers and promoting products, services and brand affinity. You are not afraid to try new things and are able to build a network quickly and leverage it to innovate and successfully execute on a variety of different initiatives. People would describe you as an highly engaging and energetic.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Required Professional Designation/Certification & Experience:
- Event set up and execution
- Ability to build strong relationships
- Confidently present ideas to leadership
- Strong customer service skills
- Desire to "roll up your sleeves" to get things done
- Ability to travel across the city and bedroom communities to execute events and activities within your assigned communities
- Flexible in your work schedule as part of the role is evenings and weekends
Must to have skills:
- A degree or equivalent marketing and business experience is required.
- 2+ years progressive experience in Marketing, Sales and Business positions
- Valid drivers license and own personal vehicle
- Telecom/industry experience and exposure to a variety of marketing roles would be beneficial
1. Marketing and/or sales background
2. Ability to build strong relationships
Nice to have skills:
1. Event marketing
2. Communication and presentation skills
3. Demonstrate creativity