The primary purpose of the Intermediate Developer is to perform coding (both application and database) and deployment package configuration, prepare components for assembly test plans, including conditions, data and expected results. The expectation is that the Intermediate Developer will be able to anticipate, identify, track and resolve issues, and mitigate risks and be able to work with a small team with minimal supervision, and meet service commitments in terms of time and budget for assigned deliverables and projects. In addition, the Intermediate Developer should be able to perform other team role tasks, as resource requirements and skillsets dictate.
• Performs coding and deployment package configuration including enhancements and break fixes. Can perform difficult and complex assignments. The completed code objects will compliant with the required development standards and programming framework and pattern.
• Coordinates and performs component and assemblies test plans, including conditions, data and expected results. The completed test plans will assess code for its to design through test execution.
• Participates customer discussions and presentations. The updated requirement / design and / or code will reflect updated customer needs
• Anticipates, identifies, tracks and resolves issues and risks affecting own work / work team. This will result to minimization of rework and missed deadlines due to consistent monitoring of issues and risks.
• Good knowledge of HR best practices and the ability to apply analytical problem solving, make recommendations and implement improvements, tailoring the approach to meet varying situations
• Knowledge of creating business and functional requirements for applications, unit and user acceptance testing, project planning and management
• Good understanding of relational databases, data analysis tools and reporting solutions would be a nice to have
Required Skills & Abilities:
• Able to work independently within a defined scope of responsibility and have a sound understanding of the SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) and how they integrate with other systems.
• (Mastery level) Windows operating system and Linux operation system
• Proficient level - Analytical and decision making skills
• Proficient level - Communication and presentation skills
• Ability to effectively manage tasks of varying complexity, meet deadlines, works well under pressure
• Highly self-directed with the ability to work in the face of ambiguity
• Strong customer focus and commitment to service excellence
• Ability to communicate with fluent English and French would be preferred
Required Professional Designation/Certification:
• Post-secondary diploma/certification in computer science or software development or the equivalent experience demonstrated by progressive responsibilities
• 3+ years of experience in a systems development role