This role is to support the engineering of the DC power equipment in Cell SItes. Responsibilities:
• Design and upgrade power systems
• Produce floor plans, rack layouts and wall layouts for shelter/cabinet designs
• Understand all hardware configurations for wireless sites
• Work with vendors to select equipment that meets all the technical requirements noted in the associated planning and design documentation
• Produce bill of materials from created designs and use appropriate tools to requisition materials in SAP for network build and expansion projects
• Provide equipment forecasts for build and expansion projects
• Build designs in a site configurations database and ensure database accurately reflects site implementation
• Work with Planners and Designers to set standards and develop procedures for the integration of new equipment build plan
Required Professional Designation/Certification:
• Bachelor’s engineering degree specialized in Electrical or telecommunications
• Professional licensing from the regional professional engineering order would be an asset
• Extensive knowledge in the use of test equipment and tools, as well as detailed knowledge of RF base station and antenna systems
• Familiarity of cellular radio coverage and/or microwave pathloss design and analysis would be an asset
• Detailed knowledge of cell site and backhaul equipment, microwave equipment, power systems and transmission media
• Strong knowledge of installation and maintenance safety procedures
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience with mobile communications networks in Engineering, Deployment or Operations
Skills & Attributes
• Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills. Ability to work efficiently in a team.
• Strong leadership, team and project management skills, and experience with a variety of technical projects and programs. Ability to drive projects autonomously and produce quality project and technical documents.
• Strong computer skills: Visio, MS Office, CAD etc.