Senior Security Project Manager responsible for managing small to large IT security projects through to a successful and measurable conclusion. Ensure that the client is well apprised of status, achievements, concerns and risks. Recognizes unexpected situations when they occur, prioritizes urgent matters and makes recommends actions for effectively mitigating project risk and resolving issues. Reports to the client sponsor and TISS management.
- Has overall responsibility for ensuring project objectives are met within timeline, budget and defined scope.
- Manage for large security projects and their project management deliverables.
- Quantify and validate Project deliverables with key stakeholders and ensure deliverables are successfully completed.
- Work to the overall revenue, profit and utilization KPIs established by TISS.
- Ensure that project communications and risk plans are in place and report to client sponsors and TISS management.
- Create and manage the project resources to ensure successful delivery.
- On integrated solutions, liase and coordinate with extended project stakeholders such as coordinators, project managers and service management to ensure successful project delivery.
- Project Management methodology.
- General understanding of IT and network architectures, protocols, routing, virtualization and security infrastructure such as firewalls, VPN, intrusion prevention, and log management.
- General understanding of information security concepts such as authentication, malware, compliance, and risk management are an asset.
- General understanding of Professional Services business lifecycle and methodology are an asset.
- Capable of developing a broad base of confidence to support security projects.
- Can develop presentations and present to the senior management level.
- Has excellent negotiation and organizational skills
- Good communications skills both verbal and written.
- Is proficient with Project Management tools and processes. Must be able to create and present all the sections of a project including schedule, resource, communications and risk plans.
- Identifies conflicts and risks, capable of making recommendations for resolution
- Understands the concepts of team building and can apply them to complex or large teams. Can coach team members and junior Project Managers.
- Ability to work independently with limited direction
University degree or equivalent
Project Management Designation (PMP or equivalent)
Managed large or complex projects at enterprise level organizations, involving multi-team or cross-departmental collaboration
Experience managing project budgets up to $5 million
10+ years experience
Information Security background an asset