What does a Technical Consultant do?
- Executes solution implementation, including any task that might be necessary to complete project deliverables. Examples include Training or mentoring, software configuration, content creation (CAD Standards, Civil 3D Styles Development), preparation of documentation, etc.
- Assesses current client business processes, recommends and implements solutions to meet client needs. Works closely with clients to document business goals and related procedures.
- Communicates with internal team members and clients, as necessary, in order to ensure project success.
- Produces project deliverables on time and on budget.
- Writes deliverable documents including procedures guides, best practices guides, agendas, and follow-up memos.
- Five (5) years, minimum, of working experience in an Infrastructure environment is a must
- Bachelors or Associates degree in an Infrastructure-specific program or relevant experience. PE would be nice to have.
- Deep knowledge of infrastructure workflows (civil engineering, survey) relevant to the infrastructure design process.
- Familiarity with design processes related to road design, site design, plan production, gravity and pressure pipe design, hydrology and hydraulics and survey.
- Experience and expertise in implementing BIM for infrastructure or 3D design solutions.
- Experience in BIM for infrastructure management and execution.
- Highly proficient in AutoCAD Civil 3D, Infrastructure Design Suite, AutoCAD Knowledge of ReCap Pro, NavisWorks, Vault, Storm & Sanitary Analysis, Inventor, BIM360/Autodesk Construction Cloud a +
- Ability to travel throughout the US and occasionally to Canada
- Desire to implement new technology with a variety of top Infrastructure firms to improve design and construction processes.
- Strong interpersonal communication, presentation, organization, planning and project management skills.
- Works independently and can manage multiple priorities.
- Initiative with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong business acumen, high energy, self-motivated and able to work under pressure.
- Technical sales experience a plus.
- Understanding of and experience in all aspects of design and construction industry practices.
- Can manage multiple priorities, multitask, meets deadlines, and prioritize requests.