Experience and Skill Set Requirements
Business Analytical Skills and Competencies
- Responsible for gathering and documenting the business requirements and ensuring that the deliverables produced by the development effort conform to the business requirements.
- Leads and conducts business analysis in order to assess client’s business problems/opportunities and document the business requirements in such a way that technology solutions can be determined.
- Promotes business improvements through alternative service delivery approaches.
- Leads and conducts business analysis at varying levels of detail, appropriate to the project and phases of project, aligning with OPS Unified Project Management Methodology, Enterprise Architecture and Gating Process, and OPS Standard Systems Development Methodologies.
- Conducts business modeling; use case modeling; conceptual and logical data modeling; process and data flow modeling; use case surveys; business rules definition and non-functional requirements definition for assigned projects.
- Develops performance measures for business analysis evaluation and conducts follow-up.
- Drives the user acceptance testing process, including preparation of acceptance criteria, review of the test plans and scenarios, review of test results as well as end to end testing. In some cases, the Business Analyst also executes test cases and directly ensures system integrity.
- Develop and design deliverables, including (and not limited to) integration requirements, data schemas, and design documentation, as well as the business’s implementation and conversion strategies and plans.
Data Migration Expertise
- Assist with data migration activities such as development of legacy extract specifications, data cleansing requirements and quality assurance testing.
Communication and Collaborative Skills
- Act as liaison for cross-functional team, including vendor and business partners.
- Organize business and internal team meetings to identify and validate business and system requirements.
- Identify and quantify risks relevant to business and systems requirements, delivery timelines and quality.
- Coordinate and communicate various aspects of the project, including producing status reports, meeting minutes, issue logs, and informing cross-functional teams of decisions and progress.
- Monitor progress, resolves problems and reports regularly to I&IT management and clients’ decision makers.
- Schedule and mediate team meetings, follow up on issues, obtain concurrence from project stakeholders on completion of documented deliverables.