PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
Reporting to Manager HR Solutions, a Specialist Functional Analyst SAP HCM provides specialist level functional and configuration knowledge in supporting SAP solutions in Canada & US Payroll SAP module (ECC6).
- Leads a functional development area for SAP ECC HCM competency
- Maintain and support one or more of CP’s SAP Payroll (Canada, US).
- Work with key stakeholders, systems owners, and end users to define business requirements and systems goals, and identify and resolve business systems issues.
- Apply a variety of techniques to elicit and gather business and user requirements from stakeholders. Understand business issues and opportunities. Analyze and define both the “As Is” and “To Be” business processes and perform a gap analysis.
- Design solutions including data migration and conversion. Create Data migration/conversion scripts
- Capture and document non-functional requirements that are important to the user community (i.e. usability, learnability, reliability). Liaise with Solution Architect to ensure other non-functional requirements are considered (i.e. security, compatibility, maintainability).
- Perform SAP configuration to meet business requirements and create developer specifications
- Analyze, develop, test and implement new functionalities for enhancement and support pack updates in SAP ECC 6.x versions;
- Develop detailed test plans and test scripts for SAP Human Capital Management (HCM) and work with other functional teams to ensure continued effective integration of SAP
- Develop and execute unit and integration tests to confirm functionality
- Ensure traceability of requirements back to business need as well as through to solution and testing. Validate the solution meets the business need and verify it conforms to specifications.
- Maintain all required documentation
- Provide knowledge transfer and coaching to other SAP Functional Analysts
- Work in a team environment with Business Systems Analysts, Functional Analysts, System Developers and business users
- Provide support for deployment and sustainment and troubleshoot and resolve issues
- Assess current system design and identify opportunities for enhancements and implement enhancements as required
- Create and/or update Human Capital Management (HCM) configuration and business process procedures documentation
- Providing system and user problem resolution assistance and support to various departments for SAP footprint
- Manage SAP Online Support System notes and transports in the area of SAP Human Capital Management (HCM);
- Ability to “see” the big picture and impacts of the proposed changes on the whole SAP landscape
- Good communication and documentation skills and abitliy to deliver under pressure and time constraints
- Minimum of five (5) years experience in SAP Human Resources module: Canada and US Payroll
- Experience with SAP Payroll Schemas
- Diploma or University Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Science, Commerce/Business Administration or equivalent practical experience
- Proven strong communication skills - both written and oral - with technical and non-technical staff and with management
- Excellent understanding of SAP HCM submodule(s) and the integration between various SAP modules
- Fundamental knowledge of railway operations and processes will be considered an asset
- Understanding of the IT organization’s processes, systems and capabilities
- Practical experience with using a wide variety of techniques to elicit requirements (i.e. Research, Verbal protocols, Focus groups, Brainstorming, Interviews, Questionnaires, Prototyping, etc.) and in using a variety of models/diagrams/documents to capture, document and interpret requirements
- Strong problem solving skill-set and Go-Getter attitude
- Good organizational, planning and time management skills
- Attention to detail and quality
- Expertise in facilitation, negotiation, gaining consensus and managing conflict of diverse stakeholder groups
- Appreciation and understanding of how to deal with different cultural values and sensitivities and how to work in a virtual work environment
- Team player, skilled in working in a highly collaborative manner.
- Ability to manage client expectations and negotiate win-win solutions