· Strategize, implement, and maintain program initiatives that adhere to strategic objectives
· Formulate, organize and monitor inter-connected projects, including coordination of cross-project activities
· Provide program management leadership and expertise of large scale, highly complex, high profile and high-risk initiatives that may be multi-jurisdictional and/or enterprise wide.
· Develop and administer program assessment protocols for evaluation and improvement with an aim to maximize ROI
· Maintain organizational standards of satisfaction, quality, and performance to ensure the accountability for the program(s)’ centralized group of projects and their successful full life cycle delivery
· Oversee multiple project teams, ensuring program goals are reached
· Manage budget and funding channels for maximum productivity
· Work closely with Program Leads, cross-functional teams, and assigned project managers to develop various program related processes in support of consistent practices to benefits realization through an agile project management approach:
o the program management practices,
o program scope & deliverables,
o required resources for cross-functional teams and external
o work plan, and
· Develop, track and manage timelines for projects and initiatives
· Manage program teams for optimal return on investment, and coordinate and influence cross-project initiatives
· Develop and manage budget for programs and be accountable for delivering against established business goals/objectives
· Work with other program managers to identify issues, risks and opportunities across multiple projects within the department
· Analyze, evaluate, and overcome program issues and risks, and produce program reports for managers and stakeholders
· Prepare progress and status reports for program directors and committees including governance committees and ensure effective alignment amongst existing and new governance committees/structures.
· Ensure programs are delivered cost effectively and efficiently, and in compliance with HSC’s methodologies, standards and frameworks.
· Provide mentoring and knowledge transfer to HSC’s designated staff to enable continuation in operational activities and sustainment
· Create technical project and user documentation, training manuals and various business cases including but not limited to Ontario Treasury Board (TB) / Management Board of Cabinet (MBC) submissions and internal briefing notes to ensure the effective delivery of the critical business processes
· Other duties as assigned
· Establish and regularly review sequencing of high-level activities within projects and across programs where dependencies exist
· Track and report program progress against identified success factors and key enablers
· Establish and coordinate secretariat functions, processes, and tools, enabling program oversight from executive leadership teams/committees
· Collaborate with ministry partners, stakeholders and vendors to support designing, planning and implementing change initiatives.
· Inform, elaborate and help deliver solutions that simplify processes and improve end-user experiences.
· Support and contribute to planning that informs modernization and transformational service delivery roadmaps and execution against those roadmaps.
· Support and inform vendor management activities and strategies to enable effective service delivery with the appropriate ministry oversight.
· Design and implement program oversight solutions to ensure compliance with government regulation while encouraging quality improvement.
· Deliver a roadmap and program solutions in long-term care capital builds, licensing, inspections, incident and complaints reporting and investigations.
· Deliver program solutions to modernize inspections and investigations that support the enforcement of quality in long-term care homes.
· Explore opportunities for integration and consolidation.