This position is a hands-on technical leadership role to lead the transformation of the organization's traditional testing methodologies towards the more modern QE approach, including the adoption of automation frameworks required to support digital platform initiatives. He/she will play a key role in the deployment of QE practices, automation frameworks, tools and solutions supporting defined metrics and KPIs
● Provide technical leadership as well as support defining the strategic approach to QE
● Act as SME providing QE input across architecture, design, development and test work streams ensuring QE practices are applied
● Lead selection, integration and delivery of QE framework, tools and supporting solutions to measure breadth, depth, velocity, and quality KPIs
● Train/coach other teams to include/expand QE automation in CI/CD pipeline; including but not limited to environment validation, smoke testing, functional testing, etc.
● Accountable and responsible for all ‘in sprint’ and ‘End to End’ QE activities. He / She will work with UI, Services, API SDETs & E2E Primes to identify and deliver QE milestones for targeted releases.
● Responsible for sharing QE updates for every release with stakeholders
● Responsible for delivering services as per the SLA’s of standard QE practices ● Responsible for maintaining QE Metrics
● Able to implement Test Strategies at different stages of testing throughout the SDLC (Sprint, Integration, Sanity, Functional End to End, Regression End to End, and Performance testing), by working closely with team and other stakeholders such as UAT and vendor partners
● Able to visualize and plan well ahead for various stages of STLC (requirement analysis, test data setup, env setup (Sandbox, Downstream dependencies etc), test planning, test case creation, test execution, defect management and status reporting
● Experienced with sound understanding of scaled Agile model & DevOps. Proponent of ‘Continuous improvements’.
● Ability to support modification of Test Strategies as per changing priorities around business capabilities, and quickly adjusting the Test Approach to the changing surrounding situations.
● Should try to optimize the testing efforts -- Review the coverage across various test stages and smartly shred the redundancy in testing activities without impacting or risking the quality and coverage prior to production release
● Must support and propagate the QE practices on a regular basis, such that maximum progression and regression coverage happens through automation.
● Experienced SDET; this means, the role requires sound understanding of various Automation tools (Preferred – Selenium WebDriver, Groovy in Soap Pro , Karate). Must also have experience in setting up Automation framework (using TestNG, Jenkins, Maven, Oracle DB etc)
● Sound understanding of platforms dependencies on various downstream WLS/WLN systems
Preferred Leadership skills:
● Demonstrate leadership and mentoring skills. The role requires interaction with SDETs across various scrum teams, working on different components (UI, Services, API etc)
● Demonstrate collaboration amongst the leads of Scrum, E2E primes and UAT ● Must sense risks timely and mitigate them accordingly. For example - For critical projects and releases, must be able to identify the downstream systems making changes or Env dependencies, which can impact delivery timelines and testing approach. Should highlight any such risks to management immediately.
● Solution seeker with innovative inputs. Problem mitigation and solving experiences
● Take lead during the crisis
● Establish strong working relations and ethics with peers and Management, to boost the ‘positive delivery outcomes’ throughout the year
● Strong and Effective Communication skills
● Contribute towards developing a High Performance team throughout the tenure