As the Director of Mobile Services within Operations, you will play a critical role in leading our frontline Mobile Services team. This dedicated team of 300 has a unifying goal of providing exceptional customer experiences whilst efficiently expanding our Mobile services offering in Ontario and British Columbia. You will collaboratively partner across the organization to identify and execute programs that enhance productivity, resiliency, safety and overall job satisfaction for our Mobile team members.
The magic will happen with your amazing ability to put our customer at the centre of everything we do, foster collaboration across the organization and support execution discipline within the following areas:
Operational Effectiveness and Resiliency
- Defining and developing the strategic, operational and resource plans for our Mobile Services delivery model with clear priorities and measures of success that positively contribute to margin and customer experience
- Overseeing the development of policies and procedures for the department.
- Leveraging customer and Mobile Lab Patient Technicians (MLPTs) feedback to inform changes to process and tools
- Anticipating and delivering products and services to meet our customers changing needs by listening to our customers and by understanding our competitors and markets
- Partnering with internal and external customers to continuously improve their experience and to implement initiatives (e.g. marketing, financial, human resources).
- Managing organizational change initiatives within assigned territory and participating as a team member across all operations in developing change plans.
- Overseeing the implementation of new programs and initiatives to ensure the delivery of timely, quality results and service.
- Providing leadership to ensure that vendors, suppliers and internal and external partners continue to meet the needs of the business.
- Proactively visiting customers and actively listening to customers, developing strategies and initiatives to respond to stated customer needs.
- Overseeing and resolving escalated customer issues.
- Objective: drive improvements in customer NPS, reduce escalations and minimize capacity disruptions
- Designing and diligently executing operational continuous improvement plans that reduce cost per customer interaction whilst improving customer satisfaction
- Partnering with enablement and IT to leverage the existing systems and tools combined with process enhancement and automation to better inform work allocation and route planning to maximize visits per shift and on-time arrival rate
- Actively contributing to both strategic and tactical planning for Operations
- Leading a team to develop systems, frameworks and SOPs in support of business quality, efficiency, consistency and safety
- Objective: improve capacity utilization (occupancy) and reduce cost-to-serve (OPEX, patient/FTE)
Coaching & Development
- Building a high-performance team and culture that fosters teamwork, change agility, commitment, transparency and inclusivity
- Enhancing the frontline quality model and coaching framework for MLPTs
- Leading and driving a customer-focused culture throughout their team to deepen client relationships and leverage broader relationships, systems, and knowledge
- Thoughtfully investing in the team across their employment lifecycle, including recruitment, onboarding, training, performance management, compensation, disciplinary actions, development, retention, and terminations
- Objective: improve employee NPS, improve quality of patient/customer experience, reduce attrition and absenteeism, eliminate team barriers and frustration, enhance development opportunities for team member to grow
You're the missing piece of the puzzle if you have:
- At least 10+ years related work experience in a complex customer-centric environment
- 8+ years leading large geographically dispersed teams
- Positive, collaborative and engaging approach to getting stuff done
- Passion and experience leading large customer-facing teams and the enablement functions that support them
- Disciplined approach to gaining cross-functional alignment and support to execute on enterprise and divisional initiatives
- Proven track record of successfully driving complex transformation programs impacting both internal and external stakeholders
- Deep knowledge of operations management, continuous improvement, process design and automation practices
- Knack for compelling storytelling, both to executive audiences and frontline teams
- Ability to build relationships at all levels of the organization
- University Degree
Other experiences that could greatly help in our shared success
- Leading mobile or other forms of regional field teams
- Experience in a healthcare environment