Program Manager - IRAP & Indigenous Storytelling
(Virtual Contract Position)
Are you ready to utilize your business and strategic acumen to support the evolution of the company's Reconciliation strategy as we develop and execute on our 5-year Indigenous Reconciliation Action Plan?
Our team develops and executes on corporate Reconciliation commitment in collaboration with business units across. Part of the Customer Network Implementation team, our team delivers on a world-class customer experience by expanding our fibre-optic infrastructure directly to homes and businesses to Indigenous communities across British Columbia and Alberta. This portfolio is on the cutting edge of innovation in the telecommunications space where the company is actively engaged with Indigenous communities across Canada, to identify opportunities to expand broadband technology and services to areas otherwise unreachable. This is a fast-growing portfolio and one of the most strategic programs.
Here’s the impact you’ll make and what we’ll accomplish together
In this role you will be responsible for project management within our Indigenous Storytelling portfolio, supporting Reconciliation Strategy and Indigenous Reconciliation Action Plan. With an eye for detail, you’ll support the team in collaborating with stakeholders across, in the implementation of our Indigenous Reconciliation Action Plan and accompanying Indigenous communications. Using your critical thinking skills and knowledge of Indigenous cultural protocols you have a knack for ensuring cultural sensitivity when reviewing material and engaging Indigenous peoples.
Key focus areas for 2022 - 2023 include:
- Working with the core program team and cross-functional Indigenous Reconciliation Action Planning Team to deliver on the 5-year IRAP
- Support the internal and external amplification of Indigenous storytelling through the company’ annual Indigenous Reconciliation and Connectivity Report and effective development and implementation of communications plans
- The ideal candidate for this role is someone who is up for the rapid pace of change, likes to work with a variety of people and is able to balance numerous priorities.
- Create project plans and apply project management methodology to programs and initiatives, including leveraging systems and tools (e.g. Google, Microsoft, survey tools, data analysis tools) to support program execution and reporting.
- Maintain internal and external websites, blog, creative assets (photography/artwork)
- Through continuous curiosity and a growth mindset, you’ll work collaboratively with internal stakeholders to ensure the implementation of our Reconciliation Action Plan
- Anticipate problems and develop solutions collaboratively across stakeholder teams
- Develop communication materials, tools and templates to ensure powerful communication internally and externally
You're the missing piece of the puzzle
- Excellent presentation and communication skills, with experience reporting to internal and external audiences.
- Known for your curious mind, and approach to problem solving, you’ll continually challenge the status quo by experimenting with new approaches, tools and techniques
- Excellent project management skills with a proven track record for managing and prioritizing multiple concurrent projects and consistently delivering results and effectively meeting program milestones
- Strong writing and critical thinking skills with good attention to detail and an ability to provide insights and make recommendations
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and Google Suite (Slides, Docs, Drive, Hangouts etc.)
- Knowledge and appreciation of the unique history, cultures and rights of Indigenous Peoples in Canada and passion for supporting Reconciliation
- Project Management certifications would be an asset