The Network Planner II, RF Planning & Optimization is responsible for the design, planning and optimization of LTE and 5G radio access networks
• Work directly with customers, pre-sales, engineering, technology partners, and other stakeholders to develop RF designs that meet the customer’s unique requirements.
• Complete site surveys and system dimensioning for coverage and capacity, including traffic analysis and coverage predictions; and candidate site identification, evaluation, and acceptance.
• Prepare RF design reports and deliver technical presentations to the end customer.
• Prepare data fills, configuration files, and work orders for new and revised cell sites.
• Update spectrum management system database with radio site data.
• Coordinate the preparation of Safety Code 6 analyses with external consultants.
• Complete RF site audit after site construction and identify any deficiencies.
• Conduct and analyze drive tests to verify network coverage.
• Analyze network KPIs and implement network changes to optimize network performance.
Required Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
• A Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Communications Engineering or related field
• A minimum of 5 years of experience in a similar role
• Solid experience in LTE/5G RF planning and optimization
• In-depth RF planning experience with InfoVista Planet is a must.
• Knowledge of other RF planning and drive test tools, including iBwave, Actix, Keysight Nemo, and Accuver.
• LTE/5G RF capacity dimensioning and Monte Carlo analysis.
• Experience with Nokia networks is preferred
• Small cell and IBS planning and optimization is an asset.
• Excellent communications and presentation skills, coupled with the ability to present complex topics to non-technical audiences.
• Ability to build strong relationships with customers and internal and external stakeholders.
• Able to travel up to 10% of the time domestically