As a Senior Salesforce Developer, you will work with the System Architect and development team to
support the design/implementation of solutions on the Salesforce.com platform. Primarily using
Salesforce.com (SFDC), you are always looking to transform design solutions into working
deliverables, and drive continuous improvement in our development processes.
• Configure, customize, and develop object oriented software for the Salesforce.com (Service Cloud,
Sales Cloud etc)
o Design and implement enhancements including creation of custom objects, Apex classes, triggers,
o Design, develop and maintain VisualForce, AppExchange, Force.com pages and integration with
on premise or third party solutions using Web Services.
o Perform declarative configuration work as required, including definition and implementation of Org-
wide defaults, Roles, User Profiles, Security, Record Ownership rules, Sharing Rules, to support
• Design and develop well architected, robust automated systems and frameworks ensuring high
quality of code; Design scalable systems with performance and security in mind
• Investigate and evaluate new technologies and supporting products
• Conduct periodic software continuous improvement cycles
• lead technical activities for complex projects in a cross functional environment
• Challenge, mentor and guide developers on applying Salesforce development best practices
• Provide technical assistance in identifying, evaluating and developing systems and procedures
which are cost effective and meet user requirements.
• work with other technical team members, business analysts, and leaders to support translating
business deliverables into technical outcomes
• Create and document technical requirements, design specifications, and unit/integration test plans
for functional and technical completeness and accuracy.
• Make recommendations to improve product quality, reliability, performance, and scalability
• Independently perform development, testing, implementation, and documentation as it relates to
Salesforce.com software and Force.com platform.
• Participate in technical activities for complex projects in a cross functional environment; Coordinate
technical dependencies with other teams
• Troubleshoot issues, manage ongoing Tier II/III support requests and administrative needs of users
through Cases in SFDC; Assist SFDC Administrator in high volume periods as required.
Required Knowledge & Experience
• 7+ years of experience in software application development using: APEX, Visual Force, HTML,
Java Script, Informatica, SQL other programming languages (Familiarity with other object oriented
languages: Java, PHP, ASP.NET, Angular JS etc., and design patterns is considered an asset)
• Minimum of 3-5 years as a SFDC Developer with system administration experience
• Experience across various Salesforce clouds (Sales, Marketing, Communities, Service and
Platform clouds etc.) as well as solid development and implementation experience on the Salesforce
platform (Apex, VisualForce, etc.)
• Experience integrating Salesforce with 3rd party systems using web services and app exchange
apps including SOA integration technologies (web services, WSDL, SOAP, REST)
• Experience with infrastructure tools (integration infrastructure, MDM, BI & reporting, data
replication, application server infrastructure, and ETL) is considered an asset.
• Experience mentoring juniors, overseeing code quality and evangelizing best practices
• Experience with the following:
o developing, automating, web-services and working in an SaaS environment
o developing/designing automation, utilities, and helper frameworks
o Integration experience on Salesforce.com using SOAP and REST API’s
o authentication and authorization protocols, familiarity with LDAP and SSL
o Working with Apex Scheduling, Batch processes, Apex Class controllers & Triggers with Governor
o versioning control (we use BitBucket) and continuous integrations tools such Jenkins, ANT, git, or
o Salesforce deployment tools is considered an asset (Copado, Gearset etc)
o CPQ (Vlocity is considered an asset)
o Infomatica is a considered an asset
o Oracle 10g/11g, MySQL, and other database products is an asset
o MS Exchange/SFDC integration is considered an asset
o Agile Development, SCRUM, or XP methodologies
o Database query and scripts
Required Skills & Abilities
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills, verbal and written
• Demonstrated accuracy and thoroughness in completing tasks, attention to detail.
• Ability to translate technical concepts and requirements for non-technical stakeholders
• able to multi-task and problem solve; Ability to manage time and handle urgent interruptions with
poise and professionalism
• Ability to learn new technologies when needed and apply existing knowledge to current tasks.
• able to develop strong relationships with stakeholders, meet tight deadlines and tolerate change
• Possess an understanding of sales, marketing, care (support) processes
• Ability to work in cross functional teams
• Bilingual (French and English) both in written and verbal communication preferred
Required Professional Designation / Certification
• Bachelor's degree in computer science/related field or equivalent experience
• Certified SFDC System Administrator and/or Certified SFDC Developer