Our client is a leader in manufacturing of environmentally sustainable corrugated and plastic packaging located just 40 minutes north of Toronto. They are looking to welcome an Accounts Payable Clerk to their growing team.
- Completes payments and controls expenses by receiving, processing, verifying, and reconciling invoices.
- Reconciles processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances.
- Charges expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoice/expense reports; recording entries.
- Pays vendors by monitoring discount opportunities, scheduling and preparing checks, and resolving purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies and documentation.
- Ensures credit is received for outstanding memos.
- Issues stop-payments or purchase order amendments.
- Maintains accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions.
- Verifies vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions.
- Maintains historical records filing documents.
- Answering phones
- Data entry
- Other duties as assigned
- Sage 300 experience preferred
- Excellent written/verbal communication
- Good understanding of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook