WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Competitive salary
- Competitive health and benefit plan
- Competitive matched retirement savings program
- The opportunity to join a continuously growing organization with focus on Diversity and Inclusion
- The opportunity to work with an industry leader in manufacturing
WHEN YOU JOIN US YOU WILL BE.
The Service Desk Analyst is part of the Global Service Desk team which acts as a single point of contact for the intake, triage and resolution of incidents and management of requests. Our service desk employs a flexible support model which allows our associates to contact us via multiple channels including phone, email, self-service portal, and walk-up service support.
- Provides 1st level support for on premises & remotely connected staff across all Global locations in line with defined SLA’s and OLA’s. Transfers, as required, unresolved critical/high priority incidents to other global team members with detailed supporting documentation or as per coordination of Manager if for an off-hour’s incident.
- Troubleshoots issues with Windows OS, Mac OS, iOS, and Android. Providing software support including MS Office, browsers and browser-based applications, miscellaneous software both specialized and commercially available. Provides hardware support for laptops, desktops, printers and mobile devices.
- Closely adheres to defined Global IT Service Management processes– change management, incident management, knowledge management, problem management, request management and service level management processes
- Logs all client contacts into the IT Service Management Tool
- Responsible for accuracy into the IT Service Management Tool
- Participates, as scheduled, for support in on-call rotation and is expected to respond (within the service level targets) and troubleshoot incidents for any global location outside of business-hours. For example, during the evening, overnight and on weekends.
- As assigned, research new technologies to stay informed on end point industry standards and best practices. Makes recommendations to Manager, Global Service Desk for inclusion in technology roadmap
- As assigned, creates new and maintains published documentation for technical procedures, policies, and standard processes related to end point technologies
- Maintains data in the service configuration management system (CMS) based on the standards and policies defined by the IT Asset management practice (ITAM)
- Additional duties as assigned by the Manager, Global Service Desk
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering or related field.
- Previous experience with IT Level 1 or Level 2 support roles
- Great customer service skills with an ability to demonstrate empathy
- Experience troubleshooting issues clients may be having connecting to or using network services
- Experience supporting both onsite and remote users
- Strong troubleshooting, investigative and problem solving skills
- Ability to design and develop end-user FAQ & training documentation
- Enthusiastic and pleasant attitude
- Strong desire to learn
- Collaborative team player who can effectively participate in global departmental level meetings and positively influence outcomes
- Upholds best practice standards as well as departmental policies and procedures
- Excellent listening skills, verbal and written communication.
- Excellent knowledge of English and Dutch (for locations in Belgium, Netherlands) is required. Knowledge of French or the ability to develop French.
- Able to travel frequently to supported regional locations (10%)
Additional Key Skills/Experience:
- Experience providing technical support in an enterprise environment, consisting of Windows desktops, laptops, thin-clients, Mac OS, and iOS devices.
- Experience supporting Email systems such as Exchange/Outlook
- Active Directory knowledge (managing user accounts throughout their lifecycle, resetting passwords, groups and OU management, etc.)
- Experience imaging/deploying desktops, laptops & mobile devices
- ITIL Foundation certificate
Benefits of Employment: IKO recognizes that its success is due to the strength of its employees. A primary goal of IKO is to promote individual employee's sense of accomplishment and contribution so that employees enjoy their association with IKO. The Company invests in its employees so that they are the most knowledgeable in the industry, and undertakes great efforts to nurture loyalty to, and teamwork at, IKO. We are pleased to offer competitive compensation, health care, a progressive and challenging workplace and a commitment to teamwork and integrity.