• Responsible for the delivery of fibre optic projects in a dynamic environment with varying
degrees of complexity, timeframes and capital.
• Responsible for the design and planning of standard and new optical architecture, considering
optical link reach, fibre design efficiency, network reliability, redundancy and scalability.
• Accurately document fibre details on exiting fibre asset and take all necessary steps to ensure
data integrity of the fibre network is maintained.
• Provide technical support to system planners and network specialist for the selection of routes,
ensuring optimum cost effectiveness and performance of our existing and expanding fibre network.
• Plan endtoend fibre solution and/or provide instruction to support staff and engineering
contractors for the successful delivery of plan.
• Review business requirements and engineering plans engineering and deliver accurate and
reliability fibre solution.
• Manage existing inside cable territory fibre network and provide detailed instructions to
• Ensure projects are completed to engineering spec, planning requirements and delivered on
time. Review, manage and technically approve plans prepared up by contractors.
• Interpret OTDR/CD/PMD traces, loss measurements and other fibre characterization specifications
for circuit acceptance.
• Provide fibre network design alternatives and assist in optimizing fibre network capability.
• Prepare fibre cost estimates (FERS) and produce CAs, BOM and POs for in cable territory
• Provide support for the operation, maintenance and restoration of the fibre network.