The Software Developer will work with other Developers, Tech leads, Project and Product Managers throughout the software development life cycle.
Accountabilities / Responsibilities:
• Build and roll-out the next generation Design and Planning framework
• Produce clean, efficient code based on design specifications, software design patters and best practices
• Integrate software components and third-party programs
• Create technical documentation for reference and reporting
• Test and deploy implemented software
• Troubleshoot, fix, enhance, and refactor existing software code base
• Deploy software tools, processes and metrics
• Work with other Software Developers to learn and share
• Work with end-users directly to deliver on expectations
• Enhance various ServiceNow interfaces and modules such as Incident, Change, Case, and Field Management modules to leverage CMDB data model for external customer network.
• Responsible for ensuring system quality through deduplication, error checking, implementing data gap workarounds and building out algorithms for determining estimated relationships.
• Develop and Refine CMDB Data Model, Classes, and Relationships and building various integration patterns such as direct API, Data Bus, import jobs, ETL, or multiple integrations patterns.
Required Skills, Experience, and Qualifications:
• 8+ years’ experience as a Software Developer
• Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
• Familiarity with Agile development methodologies
• Experience with software design and development in a test-driven environment
• Experience with databases (e.g Oracle) and Object-Relational Mapping (ORM) frameworks (e.g. Hibernate)
• Advanced Linux/Windows user
• Ability to learn new languages and technologies
• Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal
• Resourcefulness and troubleshooting aptitude
• Attention to detail
• Experience working in full stack development environment such as Java, .NET, php, python, etc..
• Experience with Database platforms such as Oracle, SQLServer, Snowflake, PostGre, etc..
• Experience in a Telecom or Utility environment is considered an asset.
• Experience working with frontline teams is considered an asset.
• Experience working in enterprise environment. Experience integrating multiple enterprise tools.
• Experience working with Service Management Tools or CMDBs as an IT team member or end User (ServiceNow, Remedy, etc.).