Rogers requires a Program Management resource to support the need to oversee the deployment of the Rogers Network Evolution (RNE) initiative and the Markham Head End Migration. The RNE program aims to develop a future network architecture with consolidation, flexibility and resiliency as central pillars, by deploying new technologies and modernize associated functions. With program synergies to RNE, the Markham Head End existing structure needs to be evacuated and in parallel to the establishment of Unified Access Transport (UAT) technology in Markham, Rogers will use next generation access technology to uplift the region to support the customer base. The role of the Program Manager (“PM”) reports into the National Program Management Office (PMO) Access Network & Operations. In this role, the PMO team works closely with key functional areas of the business (Access Network, IT, Marketing, Finance, Procurement, Supply Chain, Customer Care, OSS, R4B, Network Development, etc.) to oversee the impacts, interdependencies and timelines between functional teams; while working to ensure project initiatives meet the goals and objectives set forth by the senior and executive leadership teams. This group is responsible for delivering the overall Access Network capital plans on time and within budget. The position is both technical and managerially demanding and requires a balance of project management technical skills, highly developed analytical skills, proven managerial skills, and team interpersonal skills. You will lead individual work streams as assigned by your manager.
The Supplier’s deliverables shall include, but not be limited to:
• Initiating Phase
• Planning Phase
• Executing Phase
• Monitoring and Controlling Phase
• Closing Phase
The Supplier is to balance and communicate the program constraints, which include but not limited to:
• Adhere to all Rogers Communications Canada Inc polices and procedures.
• Ensure that project initiatives meet leadership and/or customer expectations.
• Supervise other stakeholders and manages scope that is defined.
• Ensures the team works in a cohesive manner and removes roadblocks to ensure team moves forward.
• Provides end-to-end project management for highly complex projects with high impact and high visibility.
• Tracks budget on a bi-monthly basis, unless projects are at risk or challenges have been identified.
• Validate & challenge the budgetary estimates and actual.
• Ensures mitigation plan exists and validates course of action.
• Runs high level project meetings, and maintain issue log including description, ownership and action plan , manages minutes and reporting.
• Maintains strong Change Management skills
• Manages project close-out for a highly complex projects as phases are completed.
• Manages post implementation review and identifies lessons learned.
MUST HAVE SKILLS:
• 7+ years of Project experience (preferably with exp. in network platform integration initiatives)
• Knowledgeable in Telecom and Telecom Networks.
• Knowledgeable about existing and planned Information Architecture and Information Management methodologies.
• Demonstrates ability to manage and track multiple projects through the life cycle steps of initiation, planning, execution and project closure.
• Contributes to improvements in life cycle, based on lessons learned.
• Undergraduate degree
• Executive presence; Good communications
NICE TO HAVE:
• PMP Certification (highly preferred)
• Graduate Degree