As A Senior Developer Analyst, you will design, develop, test and maintain code on a rich-client Electronic Medical Record (EMR) platform used to manage patient files, treatments, and billing and connect to external health care systems supporting hospitals, pharmacies, and provincial health authorities.
· A leader and mentor.
· A self-starter and a closer. You don’t hesitate to step up and then get it done.
· Not just a coder. You analyze, decompose, design, and plan.
· A collaborator. Good ideas can come from anyone and they evolve through conversation.
· An artisan. Quality matters. Defects and technical debt kills velocity and stymies innovation. You test first. Refactor mercilessly. Write a little code. Repeat.
· A lifelong learner. As good as you are; you know you can be better and regularly put in the time to acquire new perspectives and understand new technology.
The Role – Better. Faster. Stronger.
· First, do no harm. Exemplify best practices in all you do. Leave the codebase better than you found it.
· Move it to the Cloud. We want to reduce costs, while improving reliability and security. Collaborate on migrating our product to AWS.
· Speed it up. Our data is getting bigger. Our health teams are getting larger. The information they need to understand is more complex. Use your keen analysis, experience and creativity to increase application performance.
· Crush technical debt. Not all solutions stand the test of time. Identify and refactor anti-patterns and poor/incomplete implementations, before they become a problem.
· Find the fault in our code. Even the best make mistakes. Diagnose and resolve production incidents.
· Add more stuff. The world of healthcare is constantly evolving. Analyze business requirements. Design and build solid solutions.
· Perform full lifecycle software development.
· Design secure and scalable solutions.
· Mentor other developers and provide constructive feedback on their code and designs.
· Work in an Agile development environment with multiple SCRUM teams.
· Write well designed, testable, Java code.
· Extensive experience working in J2SE or J2EE, 7 years minimum.
· Experience working with Oracle and / or Postgres databases, 4 years minimum.
· Experience writing SQL queries and analyzing SQL plans for performance improvement.
· Experience with AWS development
· Multi-threaded development experience.
· Must be a quick learner who is willing to take on the challenges of adding features to a large codebase.
· Solid design skills and a desire to keep current with new and changing technologies.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills to accurately articulate problems and solution designs.
· Must be a team player who can work in an Agile team of developers, QAs, and product owners.
Must have skills:
1. Extensive experience working in J2SE or J2EE, 7 years minimum.
2. Experience working with Oracle and / or Postgres databases, 4 years minimum.
3. Experience with AWS development job related deployed apps
4. Strong design skills and be able to mentor junior developers
Nice to have skills:
1. Experience with cloud migration in the past
2. Any experience in the healthcare industry.
3. Experience developing in Mac, Windows and Linux environments.
4. Communications, being able to articulate the idea
· Any experience in the healthcare industry.
· Experience developing in Mac, Windows and Linux environments.
· Experience with Kanban and Scrum.
· Experience with Swing based UI’s.