The Vendor Manager has accountability for developing sourcing strategies and the strategic procurement of the Professional Services Category including IT Services, Technology Consulting, Management Consulting, and Operational Consulting . In addition, the Vendor Manager is responsible for managing supplier relationships, including driving value for money and ongoing supplier performance, as well as coordinating efforts between internal stakeholders and the supplier account teams to meet procurement objectives.
The Vendor Manager will use their market knowledge to develop and deploy world-class approaches to spend management while utilizing e-procurement tools to deliver cost reduction.
The Vendor Manager will also be responsible for negotiating, drafting, administering and managing commercial contracts associated with Professional Services Suppliers and Strategic Consulting Firms.
The Vendor Manager is accountable for a portfolio of assigned vendors with a primary expectation to: deliver on vendor negotiations driving value for money; execute sourcing strategies; spend category intelligence and analytics; contract negotiation, drafting and administration; and perform ongoing vendor performance monitoring and evaluation.
• Solid understanding of negotiation theory, strategies and practices
• Rooted knowledge and experience relating to professional services such as IT Services and Consulting
• Good understanding of Strategic sourcing concepts and best practices, related to the procurement of Professional Services.
• Strong Strategic Vendor Management subject-matter expertise in at least one of the following areas:
o Professional Services
o IT Services
Required Skills & Abilities:
• High degree of business ethics and accountability
• Strong business and financial acumen - including proven experience in structuring deals, drafting legal agreements, risk mitigation and skilled negotiations
• Ability to maintain perspective and confidence in face of difficult contract negotiations, tight deadlines and client expectations
• Ability to engage effectively with different levels of management in and Vendor organizations to lead the management of relationships with key strategic level vendors
• Excellent problem solving, and planning skills
• Spirited team player with the ability to work as a positive role model and catalyst for change
• Ability to foster and motivate cross functional team engagement when leading and negotiating transactions
• Competency with Microsoft office suite of tools, e-contract management and e-Sourcing tools an asset.
Required Professional Designation/Certification:
• Bachelor degree in Business/Commerce, MBA, LLB, Engineering, or Supply Chain management preferred (equivalencies in experience considered)
• Professional designation in Supply Chain Management or equivalent preferred (PMAC SCMP / CPP, ISM) or equivalent) - Willingness to complete these designations as a part of your career development
• Minimum 5+ years’ experience in a related role (e.g. vendor manager, vendor relationship manager, strategic sourcing and supply chain professional, supply chain management professional)
• Experience structuring, writing, and editing legal contracts with large complex organizations
• Experience in management of long-term vendor relationships including providing feedback on performance metrics and deliverables over time is required
• Commodity management, logistics and supply chain management including procurement and extensive experience in competitive bidding processes including leading RFX processes end to end in highly organized, collaborative and successful fashion.
• 5 to 7 years proven experience structuring deals and leading product or service contract negotiations
• Experience in the Telecommunications industry or engineering capacity an asset
Must have skills:
1. Strategic sourcing experience
2. Contract negotiations ability to negotiate terms and conditions, and have in depth knowledge of risk associated with non-compliant terms.
3. Stakeholder relationship and management skills; ability to communicate clearly, influence, and help drive decision making.
4. Category management/procurement experience in the IT software
Nice to have skills
1. Experience with strategic consulting firms such as Microsoft, Oracle, Salesforce etc
2. Experience in the IT Services space