Here’s the impact you’ll make and what we’ll accomplish together:
As a Senior Developer, you will mentor junior team members and help build new features to enhance the overall experience for our customers. You are a guiding voice for developers, who can balance day-to-day workload, with an eye for future improvements of your team and their work.
As a software developer you will be responsible for designing, building and running the software applications which enable innovative, data-driven, customer centric digital experiences for customers.
You will be working as a part of a friendly, cross-discipline agile team who helps each other solve problems across all functions. As a custodian of customer trust, you will employ best practice in development, security, accessibility and design to achieve the highest quality of service for our customers.
- Ensure cohesive experience across multiple devices.
- Develop scalable solutions with performance and security in mind.
- Have the dedication to learn and research new technologies.
- Ability to document the workflow whenever it's needed.
- The knowledge on how to work together with others and build solutions.
- Doing code reviews and improvements with other developers.
- Maintaining codebase and making improvements when necessary.
- Document APIs and Components for other Developers.
- Incorporate Accessibility as part of the development process.
- Knowledge about database management and architecture.
- Understand what technologies other teams are using.
- Work with designers to help them understand possible technical restrictions.
- Identify problem areas in code & solutions.
- Assist with and rapidly test solutions for the team.
You're the missing piece of the puzzle:
- Demonstrable history of excelling in a team based collaborative environment.
- Strong team leadership skills (helping lead the team's work)
- Experience mentoring junior team members, overseeing code quality and evangelizing best practices
- You also have strong interpersonal, critical thinking, analytical and problem solving skills
- Highly experienced knowledge of backend development (Node.js, PostgreSQL, Redis)
- Expert level knowledge of client-side testing best practices and tooling (we use Jest)
- Highly skilled in React and Redux
- Proven experience designing and documenting APIs (we use Node.js, Express, OpenAPI Spec)
- Highly demonstrable knowledge in building scalable production services and monitoring performance (we use Kibana, NewRelic)
- Experience with FRP (functional, reactive programming)
- Experience with the Docker ecosystem
- Experience with securing applications to common security threats (OWASP Standards)
- Familiar with accessibility (WCAG 2) best practices
- Experience with Web/HTTP security controls (CORS, CSP, TLS, etc ...)
- Experience designing, building, and maintaining High Availability systems
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Experience with GCP and/or AWS ecosystems.
Must have skills:
1 3 Years React Experience
2 3 Years Node Experience
3. API Experience (Using Express, Open, etc..)
Nice to have skills:
1. Previous experience in an Agile/Digital environment
2. Experience with Jest
3. Experience with Docker