A Senior Database Engineer is responsible for participating in all aspects of planning, deploying, documenting, monitoring, and maintaining our data persistence infrastructure critical to the success of the business.
These activities include but are not limited to:
- Maintaining/Improving Infrastructure
- Monitoring Existing Infrastructure
- Deploying New Infrastructure
- Automating Management Tasks
- Evaluating Technologies and Tools
- Troubleshooting and Fixing Infrastructure Issues
- Writing and Updating Documentation
What you’ll bring...
- 5+ years of experience managing enterprise-scale MySQL DBs (Configuration, replication, etc.)
- 5+ years experience with SQL, or as a MySQL database administrator. (Writing and tuning indexes, query optimization, data modeling)
- 2+ years of experience planning, deploying, and managing Linux-based infrastructure.
- 2+ years of experience automating tasks and writing tools in a scripting language (i.e. Bash, Python, Go, Ruby).
- 1+ years of experience with common networking technologies (i.e. IPv4, NAT, Firewalls).
- Production ProxySQL experience (or similar tech) is highly desired.
- Production experience with Percona tools is highly desired.
Good to have (one or all):
- Experience managing document datastores such as Elastic, MongoDB, etc.
- Experience managing or automating tasks for Ubuntu/Redhat-based systems.
- Experience managing infrastructure with Ansible.
- Experience managing or using RabbitMQ or Apache Kafka.
- Experience managing or using Redis optionally with Sentinel.
- Experience managing or using ElasticSearch, Logstash, or Kibana.
- Experience working with Kubernetes or equivalent container orchestration.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, IT, or EE.