Reporting to the Hardware Director, the successful candidate will work closely with hardware senior staff and collaborate with all Engineering teams. His chief responsibility will be designing and developing specific circuits and modules for Wireless Fixed and Mobile platforms.
Required Skills and Experience
- Design and development of power supply circuits up to 200W, including isolated AC-DC and DC-DC converters and associated EMI filters.
- Design and development of IEEE 802.3 standard compliant POE injector/extractor circuits
- Collaborate in the design and development of analog/mixed-signal circuits
- Derive specific design requirements from system requirements, develop architecture, completing design, analyses, and testing
- Generate design and validation documentation
- Support system integration through qualification tests coordinating build and test of engineering hardware for functionality and requirements verification.
- Collaborate with a multi-disciplinary team of systems, digital, RF, mechanical, component and manufacturing engineers.
- Specify and analyze ancillary third party products and equipment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or similar field
- Minimum 6 years of experience in high frequency power supply design and research
- Experience with various topologies and components used in power supply design
- Experience with IEEE 803.1af/at/bt compliant POE injector/extractor circuits
- Experience with the use of Orcad Cadence and PSPice simulation tools
- Experience with developing Engineering test scrips (Python, Visual Basic, TerraTerm)
- Experience in product safety and EMC requirements (e.g. grounding, etc…)
- Experience in designing and integrating according to the full wireless product specifications
- Experience in electronic packaging (high density SMT, PCB layout techniques, planar transformers, EMI, thermal)
- Hands-on experience in product development activities: bench instrumentation, soldering parts, bread-boarding and testing circuits.
- Familiarity with product qualification requirements