The Senior Service Desk Analyst is responsible for providing technical and operational leadership
and is part of the Global Service Desk team which acts as a single point of contact for the intake,
triage and resolution of incidents and management of requests.
- Provides technical leadership to the globally distributed team of Service Desk Analysts through training, coaching and continual engagement.
- Creation and maintenance of published documentation for technical procedures, policies, and standard processes related to Service Desk. Ensures adherence by Service Desk Analysts
- Research new technologies to stay informed on Service Desk standards and best practices. Makes recommendations to Manager, Service Desk with detailed product evaluation for inclusion in technology roadmap
- Oversees all incidents & requests and assigns tasks to the Service Desk Analysts.
- Monitors the team’s conformance with the Service Level Agreements
- Provides escalated technical support for on premises & remotely connected staff across all Global locations in line with defined SLA’s and OLA’s. Transfers, as required, unresolved critical/high priority incidents to other global team members with detailed supporting documentation or as per coordination of Manager if for an off-hours incident.
- Troubleshoots issues with Windows OS, Mac OS, iOS, and Android. Providing software support including MS Office, browsers and browser-based applications, miscellaneous software both specialized and commercially available. Provides hardware support for laptops, desktops, printers and mobile devices.
- Closely adheres to defined Global IT Service Management processes– change management, incident management, knowledge management, problem management, request management and service level management processes
- Logs all client contacts into the IT Service Management Tool
- Responsible for accuracy into the IT Service Management Tool
- Participates, as scheduled, for support in on-call rotation and is expected to respond (within the service level targets) and troubleshoot incidents for any global location outside of business-hours. For example, during the evening, overnight and on weekends.
- Maintains data in the service configuration management system (CMS) based on the standards and policies defined by the IT Asset management practice (ITAM)
- Bachelor degree or equivalent in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering or
- related field.
- Min 3 years previous experience, ideally with a combination of IT Level 1 and Level 2 support roles
- Experience troubleshooting issues clients may be having connecting to or using network services
- Experience supporting both onsite and remote users
- Experience working within project teams to deliver, manage and report on tasks and timelines
- Strong troubleshooting, investigative and problem solving skills
- Ability to design and develop end-user FAQ; training documentation
- Collaborative team player who can effectively participate in global departmental level meetings and positively influence outcomes
- Upholds best practice standards as well as departmental policies and procedures
- Able to travel frequently to supported regional locations (15%)
- In possession of a valid driver license