The Tester will work with the Manager to define test strategies to ensure the software adheres to the highest quality standard, intuitive to use, and the results conform to the geophysical constraints.
Accountabilities / Responsibilities:
• As part of UAT team, you will work closely with multiple Business units, IT, Release Management, Third-party Vendors and Testing Teams to define Business Acceptance by analyzing all projects in scope
• Serve as a liaison between Business and IT teams from Start to Finish of the Release and Accountable to ensure traceability is maintained across all SDLC/STLC life cycle
• Monitor defects until issues are resolved, Obtain Business approvals or coordinate for work around solution and provide Sign-off once UAT Exit Criteria is satisfied
• Actively participates in identifying requirement gaps by participating in Design reviews
• You will also be responsible for reviewing UAT Test Scenarios/Test Cases, Test Approach, define scope of work for Automation team, ensuring Regression Suite is updated when required
• Perform audits on Test results and confirm the same satisfies Business requirements and provide support to various Business departments for Operational/Launch Readiness
• Expertise in using MS Excel and MS PowerPoint and creating presentations for executive management
• Ensures all activities conducted follow governing regulations, internal policies, and procedures.
• Assists other team members and acts as a SME/POC with system functional knowledge.
• Manage and has ownership for the reporting for all work packages within the assigned work.
• Provide timely and accurate updates to the Manager, Project and leadership teams as warranted
• Ensure completion of all activities within schedule and quality commitments; identify workarounds to roadblocks and capability to manage workload by evaluating priorities
• Be open to converse and enjoy working closely with others to understand and not hesitate to clear the unknown.
• Provide support to Business/Testing team in Test Execution only when required
Required Skills, Experience, and Qualifications:
• Degree or diploma in engineering, computer science, technology or related.
• 4-6 years of Business/User Acceptance Testing experience required, and how to interpret business needs and translate them into Test Scenarios
• Experience in Telecom, Billing is an Asset
• Experience in requirement reviews & able to identify, communicate and document discrepancies.
• Hands-on in JIRA, Confluence and HP ALM for Test/Defect management is MUST
• Proficiency in Microsoft 365 tools; OneDrive, Teams, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint etc.
• Previous experience in managing a project, working with Vendors and related activities is an asset.
• Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with business users
• Experience in all the phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Software Test Life Cycle (STLC), using waterfall methodology or agile methodology
• Proven Experience in utilizing software quality assurance principles and practices including test planning, test strategy, test matrix design.
• Goal oriented self-starter with an ability to work independently with minimal supervision and collaborate effectively with other team members as needed with an appetite for continuous learning
• Ability to identify potential issues or risks and report to the Manager and should be able to prioritize their workload based on priority and project schedule with input from the Manager
• Must be able to address time sensitive demands on a continuous basis. Support is sometimes required at off-hours so ability to work remote connectivity is required
• Strong communication (verbal/written/presentation), relationship building and analytical skills
• Comfortable working under pressure with rapidly changing priorities and aggressive timelines with an ability to Work in multiple initiatives at the same time is important