Delivery Specialist (Wireless Uplift)
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES / JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Work with in house Engineering groups to interpret, schedule and execute on Engineering Work Orders
• Work with hired Contractors to schedule work based on Rogers Work Orders to completion
• Develop and execute project plans, including risk, scope, communication and schedules.
• Plan, monitor, and control projects from concept to closing using appropriately scaled methodology.
• Monitor project against plans and take effective corrective action as required.
• Manage initiatives at a high-level as well as having attention to detail.
• Identify requirements for, negotiate and lead cross-functional resources.
• Work closely with and maintain strong work relationships with stakeholders and sponsors from all functional areas of business.
• Manage changing priorities to complete project delivery within defined constraints.
• Contribute to the ongoing development of Project Management methodology, process and documentation.
• Effectively manage risk by minimizing threats and maximizing opportunities within the project.
• Identify, handle and resolve conflict effectively.
• Demonstrate interest in and accountability for personal and professional development.
• Ensure all activities are performed to minimize Rogers Customer Impact
MUST HAVE SKILLS:
•5+ years experience as a Delivery Specialist working within infrastructure projects, network and telecom infrastructure deployments within a professional services organization.
•5+ years experience within Wireless Networks with hands on technology exposure.
•Experience managing Telecom Build projects of varying size and complexity, which could include upgrades or migrations/augmentations across various environments, managed services and/or technology or tools deployment.
•Exposure to executing projects across a physically distributed environment along with strong vendor/contractor management experience.
•Strong negotiation skills to negotiate resources, changes, issues, budgets and timelines.
•Past exposure to Telecom Civil Infrastructure Build Project with an emphasis on North American Markets
•Familiar with Infrastructure Technologies, dealing with multiple vendors.
•Proactive approach to working on skeleton plan for upcoming projects.
•Additional required skills, Material management, report creation for PM
•Knowledge of Oracle, Remedy, and Salesforce
•A university degree in Telecommunications, Computer Science, or equivalent.
NICE TO HAVE SKILLS:
•Civil Engineering Degree would be an asset
•PMP Certification would be an asset
•Ability to optimize available resources to deliver business objectives and maximize business efficiency.
•Ability to adapt to the requirements of the assignment and make appropriate changes in style as needed.
•Demonstrated ability to match content, style and language to suit the audience and context, maximizing understanding.
•Excellent interpersonal, communication, leadership, motivational, organizational and planning skills.
•Ability to direct, influence and inspire others to optimize performance and achieve goals.
•Ability to influence team members without direct authority.
•A strong ability to multitask in fast pace environment