The QA Analyst role will work to validate & assure content is ingested properly into the VOD storefront on Optik TV. The role will include evaluating metadata, artwork and video content from a customer perspective. The role is responsible for identifying errors/issues and logging into a tracking system for quick resolution with minimal impact to the customer experience. At times, the analyst may be required to perform minor fixes themselves and perform follow-up validation.
The successful candidate will stay informed and adapt to new QA processes as products evolve and increase. The role may require cross-training on tasks relating to content ingestion and may be required to train others on quality assurance through instruction or demonstration.
An ideal candidate will have 1-2 years of broadcasting, video editing or related digital media experience. On occasion, the qualified candidate must be flexible to work outside of weekday daytime hours to support increased workload and initiatives.
Must to have skills:
1. Excellent attention to detail
2. Ability to work alone and high degree of self-direction
3. Experience with Film & Television industry or post-secondary education in Media, Broadcasting, TV or Film studies
Nice to have skills:
1. Experience with video on demand services
2. Experience with video quality testing, closed captioning, metadata entry, or content creation
3. Technical experience with video quality technology & terminology – a plus
History of the role : replacement
Project details: Under Content Management. Will be working on VOD validation across various platforms. Must be able to maintain focus and work with screens for long periods of time.