The Project Manager will be responsible for coordinating the development of new commercial and consumer technology projects, while anticipating and mitigating risks to ensure projects stay on track. The Project Manager is also charged with maintaining high performing team dynamics and creating / maintaining solid working relationships amongst extended teams and stakeholders.
Accountabilities / Responsibilities:
• Responsible for Project Initiation, Planning, Execution, Control and Closing.
• Accountable for complex technology projects involving software development, system configurations, and hardware deployments that cross multiple teams by planning, leading, organizing, and tracking project tasks and deliverables.
• Manage project status reporting and information in the form of formal briefings, project update meetings, and written reports with attendances from team members to senior leadership.
• Identify interdependencies, action items, risks, anticipate roadblocks, and prepare creative alternatives to enable successful project completion.
• Coordinate timelines, manage target dates through meetings and conference calls with all stakeholders.
• Establish and maintain relationships with team members, sponsors, stakeholders, and vendors.
• Maintain consistency and integrity of project documentation and reporting to both stakeholders and sponsors.
• Manage all assigned projects from planning to completion ensuring timelines and budgets are met.
Required Skills, Experience, and Qualifications:
• Degree or diploma from a recognized post-secondary institution, or equivalent industry experience preferably in the fields of computer science or engineering.
• Project management certification (PMP) from the Project Management Institute or equivalent.
• 8+ years of progressive experience in a project management leadership role, with a demonstrated ability to manage people and successfully lead large interdisciplinary projects.
• Familiarity with Telecommunications, IP technologies and associated projects.
• Familiarity with Agile SCRUM software development methodologies.
• Exceptional leadership and interpersonal skills with the ability to energize and motivate large project teams.
• Highly motivated, energetic, reliable and goal orientated.
• Must be a team player.
• Excellent English written and verbal communication skills.
• Dedicated to exceptional customer service to our internal and external customers.
• A positive “can do” attitude and customer focused approach that will enable you to deal with challenging situations with integrity, empathy and sincerity.