Reports to: Director, Enterprise Architect
Purpose of the Role The Application Architect will report to the Director, Enterprise Architecture and will be involved in creating the application architecture and strategy through effective architecture road maps and plans. They will develop models that describe the organization’s current state and recommendations for future state, providing architectural direction through to execution via TOGAF related artifacts. They will also provide comprehensive recommendations and direction through proficient understanding of application structure and design along with associated systems, while also ensuring definition of standards and governance to optimize IT operations.
• A visionary for Information Technology
• Help establish and maintain the Enterprise Architecture Roadmap and associated strategic technology artifacts for the IT systems in support of application portfolio and ensure it is aligned with the strategic organization plans
• Evangelize and champion benefits of Architecture to business and technical audiences.
• Validate, expand and refine the architecture models.
• Collaborate with a high performance team of IT architects.
• Collaborate with units within IT and provide a consensus-based enterprise solution that is scalable, adaptable and synchronized with the ever-changing business needs.
• Work with various business and IT stakeholders to demonstrate and show business value of enterprise-wide applications, associated services and new strategic platforms being considered.
• Ensure the completeness (fitness for purpose) of the architecture.
• Capture and evaluate key functional requirements of applications.
• Work within TOGAF based Enterprise Architecture framework, governance and processes appropriate for the enterprise applications and SaaS environments.
• Concentrate on the elements that can add significant value to the organization without being too detail orientated in areas that add little value
• Help develop and maintain policies, standards and guidelines that facilitate the selection, development, implementation and use of information technologies within the enterprise.
• Ensure new and existing program/project architecture are compliant with IT standards, policies and architectural plans
• Document the architecture and related roadmaps and keep up-to-date as part of the architecture lifecycle.
• Maintain a list of corporate applications and the key facets of these items, such as end-of-life, business fit, software dependencies, etc.
Minimum Hiring Requirement
• 7 years general IT experience with an additional 5 years of experience in a technical architecture role.
• University degree relevant to Information Technology, or equivalent experience
• Strong knowledge of design and architectural patterns, IT standards and policies
• Strong experience of software development methodologies and structured approaches to system development
• Strong knowledge of middleware / SOA and SaaS/Paas/IaaS solutions and the applicability of web services and APIs in those environments
• Knowledge of application engineering and data/information architectures