Print/Mail Site Operations Manager
Member of a onsite service delivery team providing office services support to Marsh and Mercer Canada. This is a Supervisory role supporting Print, Mail and Imaging.
We are looking for a customer service-oriented candidate with a can-do attitude to help make our clients’ visions a reality. The ideal applicant will have strong communication and customer service skills. Attention to detail and the ability to both work on tight deadlines and roll with the punches during times when we are less busy are an asset. The successful applicant will work as part of a 8 person team. Candidates must present a polished, professional image and be able to accomplish several tasks daily with tight deadlines. Candidates must possess proven multi-tasking abilities, be punctual and very personable; outgoing and customer service focused. Office Services, Print or Mail experience is preferred but will train. Management, supervisory and customer service skills are mandatory.
• Ensure customer issues and escalations are resolved or further escalated as appropriate
• Conduct quality checks on work to ensure accuracy and required output is to standards
• Adhere to all safety procedures
• Perform backfill duties for absent coworkers, scheduling of all staffed areas
• Supervising team of 6 and supporting other areas of the business
• Adhering to contracted service levels, tracking volumes, customer reporting etc.
Areas of Focus:
• Providing leadership and direction to entire team
• Creating an engaging workplace for team – Reward and Recognition activities
• Liaison with clients advising on available services and negotiation of turnaround times for service requests
• Building positive client relationships and exceeding expectations
• Complete and maintain all logs and reports including month-end reports
• Order and replenish consumables, forms inventory and other supplies items as required
• Order office supplies via Oracle I Procurement system
• Monitoring printers, placing service calls and troubleshooting issues
Print and Finishing
• Perform digital print production
• Clean and maintain finishing equipment to ensure optimal use
• Perform colour calibration using densitometers and perform CMYK colour adjustments.
• Printing of critical insurance documents and adherence to customer defined service level agreements and turnaround times. Troubleshooting print files, proofing, QC work performed
• Bindery and finishing tasks
• Training staff on all mail and print functions
• Overseeing mail services for 3 different operating companies. Daily mail runs, incoming couriers and Canada post. Supporting outgoing Purolator activities.
• Investigating shipping issues and customer communication
• Set up and operate high level mail equipment such as: mail inserters, sorters and finishing equipment in
• Automated high speed / high volume environment
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The primary role of the SOM (Site Operations Manager) is to provide excellent on-site services delivering a high level of customer service satisfaction employee satisfaction and the successful operation of the site. MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES: * The Site Operations Manager is responsible for assisting the national account operations manager (NAM) by planning directing and coordinating the total operations of the account(s) * Monitors daily operations to ensure contract requirements are met - Keeps abreast of major situations affecting service to the customer and ensures all aspects of customer satisfaction * Responsible for short-term and long-term planning as well as P&L and operating budget preparation Oversees the delivery of contracted services according to contract terms as well as the customers� satisfaction with those services * Establishes and sustains business relationships between and the customers� management team. Leads the extended account team in identifying and delivering value to the customer * Advises the customer of contract deliverables and on information technology business strategy with the goal of improving the success of the customer�s business operation * Works closely with NAM to integrate resources as required to meet customer requirements * Management of site staff and inspect Human Resource Management � selection training and career progression at sites and adherence to policy * Represents with authority to deliver on commitments - Reports to National Account Operations Manager SKILLS: * Demonstrated leadership skills high energy and team motivator * Must have sound people skills dealing with clients and leveraged support teams face-to-face by phone and by email communications * Profit focused and accountable for results strong business and financial acumen * Cost reduction and revenue management experience * Exceptional planning and organizing skills * Excellent written and verbal skills * Good problem solving and financial skills (strong inquisitive mind) * Strong self-initiative and results orientation * Systems understanding or networked document solutions (i.e. electronic print on demand internet solutions) * Comfortable dealing at customer executive levels EXPERIENCE: Successful client relationship development experience Project Management experience Superior knowledge in XGS business processes both site and head office. Superior knowledge of products & services EDUCATION: Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt certification University Degree/College Diploma -