Graphic Designer -- Social Content (Studios – Design Team)
We are hiring a full-time Graphic Designer on our Design team , own in-house creative production team, for a one year contract.
Studios is composed of designers, photographers, producers, and web developers who partner with various teams to imagine, create and deliver creative content for both internal and external audiences.
You are a designer and creator well-versed in social media. In this role, you’ll be responsible for designing content for both corporate and executive channels; delivering graphic content for social platforms, like Instagram. To be successful, you’ll have to have strong creative skills (the ability to create compelling static and motion content for all social platforms), be fantastic with clients, and deliver content quickly (because social is all about being there in the moment). As part of our nimble and experienced design team, you’ll also be part of other design projects for a wide variety of mediums as required.
Reporting to the Manager, Studios – Design, you will be part of a team of professionals who are restless in their search for new ways to engage audiences. Our culture fosters collaborative learning in a fast-paced environment. We push boundaries while protecting thebrand and supporting our clients.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Lead the creation of social-first content from ideation to delivery
- Partner with social media and communications teams on content planning and execution
- Push the boundaries for what is possible on social media using different formats (photo, GIF, cinemagraph, motion graphic, typography, illustration, etc.)
- Keep up to date with industry trends and social media best practices
- Work independently as well as collaboratively while taking direction from others
- Fluency in Adobe Creative Suite: Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects
- Photography skills, specifically proficiency with photo editing apps for social is a plus
- Solid typography, motion graphic and graphic design skills
- Demonstrated ability to think quickly and creatively – must thrive on pace
- Understanding of design principles and the application of brand guidelines
- Strong communication and writing skills
2-3 years industry experience
A diploma or degree in graphic design or communications (or equivalent)
An online portfolio that demonstrates strong aesthetics and design principles (provided during application)
Location: Toronto (preferred) or Vancouver