Manage large telecom network capital projects or programs (mobility and/or wireline) within scope, on time and on budget
End-to-end accountability of project delivery
Assess deployment plan or business case to develop project scope statement
Collaborate with planning, engineering, procurement, build, and operations primes to prioritize and schedule project deliverables
Collaborate with build implementation teams to identify and balance internal resource allocation
Lead regular meetings with stakeholders on resolving implementation issues and variances, and develop action plans to manage changes or issues on projects
Regular reporting and communication on project status, budget, and quality
Tender and award work packages to external contractors to meet project schedules
Clear understanding of tender and award process, including preparation of tender documents, review and award of tender, periodic review
Manage and monitor external build contractor performance
Issue payment certification, Notice of Substantial Completion, direct retain and release of statuatory holdbacks in accordance with provincial contract law
Site inspection as required to ensure scope, quality and schedule of work adhere to standards
Effectively manage change requests on projects
Manage program financials in accordance with corporate financial policies and tools (SAP)
Manage risk within program and escalate issues where appropriate
Must to have skills:
1. University Degree – Engineering, Computer Science, business or a related discipline
2. Ability to work with large project teams (20+ participants) under tight deadlines.
3. Experience with projects that report to the senior leadership team and exposure to working in Central Office environments.
4. Collaborate with fellow Project Managers and lead regular meetings with cross functional stakeholders to resolve implementation issues, and develop action plans to improve the end to end build delivery of your projects.
5. Manage monthly variance with Project Managers; present CAP (Capital) and EXP (Expense) summaries at CMT (Capital Management Team) calls.
Nice to have skills:
1. PMP designation, Lean Six Sigma Black Belt will be an asset
2. Relevant IT certifications, or equivalent designation will be an asset.
3. Attainment of Silver level of Project Management certification will be an asset