The Project Manager is responsible for the overall direction, planning, coordination,
implementation, execution, control, and completion of specific IT projects according to the approved scope, timelines, and budget. The Project Manager will also oversee quality control through all phases of the project. Projects typically include small to large warehouse implementations, process optimization requiring system change, new technology innovation, infrastructure, and/or software upgrades. This role will require the use of a personal car to travel to various warehouses across the GTA, as well as up to 15% out of province travel. In addition, project managers may occasionally be required to work off hours in order to
meet project commitments. Lastly, as a member of our core team, the right person for the role will be a leading example of our culture.
What success looks like:
• Your business partners are excited to collaborate with you! You support one another as a team and work together, leveraging everyone’s strengths.
• You can be depended on to see your commitments through and with good intentions.
• The duties & tasks supported by your role, continuously improve with increased quality and fast speed to market.
• You lead the initiation, planning, execution, monitoring, controlling, and closing of the project.
• You effectively manage the triple constraint (time vs. scope vs. cost).
• Plan, schedule, and manage project timelines, dependencies, and milestones through the use of a project plan.
• Prioritize and delegate project tasks, providing timely direction and support to project team on a day-to-day basis.
• You proactively manage project risks, including the identification of mitigation strategies.
• You identify, assemble and coordinate project resources in a timely manner.
• Facilitate meetings, design workshops, testing activities, and post go live support, keeping a keen eye on quality.
• Prepare and manage the project budget and project charters.
• Collaborate with project team to identify project tasks and resource requirements.
• Perform project reporting and communications, including weekly status updates and/or Executive Steering Committee meetings.
• You engage at the Director and VP level with external and internal clients during projects.
• Identify, assemble and coordinate project resources.
• Prepare, manage and report on project budgets.
What you bring to the role:
• University Degree (Bachelor’s or the global equivalent) in Business, Engineering, Logistics, or equivalent.
• PMP certified or working towards designation.
• 5+ years proven experience in a project management role focused on system implementation.
• 2 - 3 years experience in implementing WMS solutions (i.e. SAP WM, Manhattan, JDA), preferably in a 3PL environment.
• Ability to deploy various project management tools and software applications to proactively track, monitor and control project deliverables.
• You possess solid supply chain knowledge, especially in Logistics.
• Ability to consider all possibilities and stakeholders when decision making, action planning, and deploying.
• You are results-oriented, with a strong focus on on-time, on-budget, on-scope delivery
• When making decisions, you consider everyone and engage those who can add value to the process.
• You are nimble in your approach and prioritize with focus on what adds value to the client.
• You are proficient in the use of MS Project.
Who you are:
• You have the courage to think differently about how things get done every day to continuously improve and deliver even better results.
• The safety, health, and well-being of yourself and your team, is your first priority.
• Providing exceptional service is your passion.
• You uphold your commitments and make decisions with everyone in mind.
• You are energized by collaborating in a team environment, support others to find success.
• You embrace new things, are open to different perspectives, and adapt quickly to an evolving environment.
• You understand how to influence others by deploying your excellent communication skills
• You are comfortable working independently and dealing with ambiguity.
• You have strong organization and planning skills, with an ability to notice the little details, while keeping in mind the bigger picture.