Description of Work:
The Data Developer is responsible for working with all Areas of Expertise to understand and translate the companies requirements. The role actively is involved in the design, development, analysis and implementation of the solution. The role also defines relevant data to be extracted including data attributes which ultimately is used to build the information solution to aid the AOE’s with attaining the information required.
This position is responsible for providing a wide range of SAP BW services including new application design and construction, system integration, maintenance, support of existing business solutions. The Data Developer will be working with solution architects, Programmers, system analysts, and QA analysts to understand system requirements and configuration of SAP BW that meet those requirements.
- Understand integrations in SAP BW which would be used in developing information solutions..
- The role must be able to work with the Business to understand the requirements and work with other Team Members of Data Management to develop the right solution as efficiently as possible.
- Translate requirements into a clearly defined Functional /Business Requirement Document – Important to ensure the requirements are captured correctly to ensure an efficient build.
- Understand where data components exist that will enable an efficient build of the solution, Data could exist in any of the underlined SAP source systems, or external systems as well.
- Work with various groups of Stakeholders to ensure the requested solution is in fact delivered.
- Understanding the process of building, testing and promoting Information Solutions through the ATB environment is and adhering to it.
- Understand what projects are going on that potentially will impact future requests or changes to current Information Solutions
- Propose changes to existing information products. The role will also be responsible for improving some efficiencies of past coding.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Post secondary degree in Information Technology
- 5 - 8 years of SAP BW experience
- Financial Institution background preferred
- Recognized post-secondary Information Technology university/ college/ technical school or industry certification
- Three (5) + years experience in designing and implementing SAP BW data models
- Two (5) + years BW ABAP skills relevant to all BW enhancements and or custom development
- One (2) + years HANA experience
- Cloud environment experience would be an asset
- SAP Data Services experience would be an asset.
- Experience in managing and addressing performance issues/concerns (e.g. tuning BW Process Chains, lengthy extracts/loads)
- Experience in development of ETL flows with complex Transformations/Routines
- BW certification would be an asset
- Understanding of banking business processes and applications would be an asset.
- Business analysis, financial analysis, product reporting management or previous project experience are all additional skills that would be considered.