The System Administrator is accountable for development and maintenance Shaw’s networked system of computers. The System Administrator's responsibilities include troubleshooting hardware, software, and networking issues, as well as ensuring that all computing operations run with optimal performance and security.
Accountabilities / Responsibilities:
• Configuring and maintaining the networked computer system, including hardware, system software, and applications.
• Ensuring data is stored securely and backed up regularly.
• Diagnosing and resolving hardware, software, networking, and system issues when they arise.
• Replacing and upgrading defective or outdated components when necessary.
• Monitoring system performance to ensure everything runs smoothly and securely.
• Researching and recommending new approaches to improve the networked computer system.
• Providing technical support when requested.
• Documenting any processes which employees need to follow in order to successfully work within our computing system.
Required Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
1. In depth experience on Linux OS (Redhat, Ubuntu, CentOS)
2. Networking experience with CISCO, HPE and Dell network switches
3. Virtualization experience with KVM, VMWare, Hyper-V
4. Scripting experience with Bash, Python, Perl etc.
5. Able to install, provision and configure HPE, Oracle, Dell servers with Windows, Linux, Unix and do routine maintenance of them
6. Storage administration and maintenance experience – Nimble, Unity etc.
Nice to have
1. VMWare Cloud Foundation experience with added exposure to Tanzu Kubernetes grid preferably on VxRail platform.
2. Good know how of MS Visio
3. Infrastructure capacity planning based on the growth of the network
4. Automation experience with Ansible
5. IT project management experience
6. Monitoring tool experience like Nagios and Datadog
7. Experience with CISCO UCS deployment and maintenance
8. Collaboration tool experience like Confluence