The successful candidate will function as a Test Lead to review, troubleshoot, tirage with multiple teams
(and OEM/Vendors) for the purpose of development and validation of wireless test plans for new
technologies around 5G (NSA, SA, 3GPP standards,)
Candidates must have in-depth knowledge of wireless technologies and specifically with an understanding of
the wireless network registration/access methodologies used by handsets and other wireless devices as well
as related experience with test plan development. Some background of project management would be
- Perform 5G SA/NSA device Lab/field testing multiple iterations, various services validation and function
- validation as well as stress testing;
- Execution of test plans with technical requirements regarding 5G, VoLTE, SRVCC, E911, ROAM, IRAT, LBS
- and Audio.
- Perform& attend issues reproduction/troubleshooting and provide preliminary issue analysis, fix
- Write details of test procedure for test plan based on test plan template and the provided testing
- scenarios/testing requirements;
- Document the test report and issue report;
- Tirage, Troubleshoot and make recommendations on findings around test plan and/or test strategy
- Stay updated with wireless standards (e.g. OMA, 3GPP, etc.)
- Updating internal teams, regarding assigned projects schedule or progress. This may include at times
- making presentations to various stakeholders.
- • University degree in Electrical Engineering/Computer Science/Telecommunications;
- • 5+ years’ working experience on mobile device testing and logging analysis, including VoLTE/VoWiFi, public alerting.
- • Good knowledge about 5G/LTE/UMTS device/RAN technology, RRC/NAS call flows, SIP, IMS, IPsec, IMAP, IP/TCP/UDP/HTTP, EAP-AKA;
- • MUST have experience on tools like QXDM, QPST, and QCAT.
- • Knowledge of wireless access protocols, registration process, IRAT protocols, Audio WB/NB technologies.
- • Ability to strongly understand wireless protocols (Layer 3, NAS)
- • Excellent understanding of current wireless technologies, including but not limited to, 5G NSA and SA, LTE, ROAM, Network Selection, Network Services, LBS.
- • Strong communication, documentation, follow up and teamwork skills.
- • Possesses strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- • Strong and proactive working ethics and manner, desire to meet and exceed the expectations and curiosity for underneath technical concepts of issue troubleshooting.
- • Self-motivated to take ownership of assigned projects and deliverables.
NICE TO HAVE SKILLS
1. QXDM experience
2. Strong knowledge at the protocol layer 3 level with 5G/LTE/UMTS of wireless devices
3. Test Management / Test development experience
4. Curious, highly analytical, and proactive individual who provides feedback, recommendations.
1. Understanding or experience of RAN (Radio Access Network)
2. TCP/IP or Wifi protocol experience