The Technical Support Services Specialist role is to ensure proper computer operation so that end users can accomplish business tasks. This includes actively resolving end user service requests within established SLAs. Problem resolution may involve the use of diagnostic and Service Desk request tracking tools, as well as require that the individual give in-person, hands-on help at the desktop level. The role of the Specialist Technician is to support users of the Client’s IT systems by troubleshooting and resolving hardware and software issues, researching and answering questions and maintaining the end user computing and printing environments while working closely with Service Desk and Senior IT staff.
Must to skills:
1. Able to support, diagnose, troubleshooting desktop issues. Strong analytical skills with the ability to conduct research into a wide range of computing issues
2. Strong technical knowledge of network and PC operating systems, including Microsoft Server 2012, Microsoft Server 2014, Windows 7, Windows 10, and Office 365
3. Exceptional customer service orientation. Ability to present ideas in user-friendly, business-friendly and technical language.
Nice to have skills:
1. Highly self-motivated and directed. Flexible and adaptable in regard to learning and understanding new technologies
2. Ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
3. Knowledge of software tools to assist in remote support and troubleshooting of technical issues (i.e. Web Help Desk, Remote Desktop, System Center Configuration Manager)