Job Description: Field Coordinator (New Developments)
• Review all Multiple Dwelling Unit and commercial project drawings from electrical engineers to verify they meet our standards.
• Visit sites and verify status (MDU, Commercial and SFU) from initial construction to completion.
• Meeting with site supers, project managers and electricians to verify all pathways, communication rooms/closets and conduits are in place prior to issuing required work orders.
• Coordinating with site supers, project managers and electricians to book and complete all required work onsite per the scope of work and the timelines given.
• Confirming project timelines/occupancy as the project progresses and providing planners and scheduling coordinators with updates regarding relevant changes onsite.
• Acquiring the building design for planners, including all pathways, distribution locations, distribution numbers, conduit distances and any special considerations onsite.
• Complete budgeting and financial tracking for all projects in the assigned area
• Ordering all required parts and material for crews as required.
• Various other duties as required
Required Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
• Degree/diploma in a CAD or engineering related course with 3 to 5 years experience in coaxial and fibre optics design would be considered an asset
• Experience working with AutoCAD, and working knowledge of Windows and Microsoft Office
• A working knowledge of building construction and pre-wiring practices
• Understand processes required in undertaking civil construction
• Experience in cable construction would be considered an asset
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent organizational abilities
• Strong abilities with software applications such as Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, Visio and an understanding of database applications
• Goal oriented with the ability to work in a fast paced and rapidly changing environment
• Highly motivated with the ability to work well within a team environment
• Adaptive, quick learner, exceptional organization and reporting skills with the ability to have attention to detail while multi-tasking
• Maintain a valid driver’s license and must provide a driver’s abstract annually
• Flexibility to take on other duties or tasks as needed
• A positive, “can-do” attitude and customer focused approach that will enable you to deal with challenging situations with integrity, empathy and sincerity.