The Operations Support Systems (OSS) division is primarily focused on the mission-critical information systems that enable Network Operations and Engineering forces to pro-actively interact with Network devices for the purpose of Fault Management, Configuration, Accounting management and Performance. As well, OSS is the secured foundation for many automated processes commanding massive data transfers between software platforms.
-The Technical Expert will be responsible for the administration and maintenance of Real Time Charging Systems that primarily run on Red Hat Enterprise Linux/UNIX Operating systems.
-This position reports to the Senior Manager of OSS Mediation and is located in Brampton, Ontario.
-Responsibilities Real Time Rating and Metering Design, Develop and implement software for IUM & RTCS.
The tasks will include Advanced System Development tasks associated with the Hardware that these platforms run on.
-Tasks: Analyzing system logs and identifying potential issues with computer systems.
-Applying operating system updates, patches, and configuration changes.
-Installing and configuring new hardware and software.
-Answering technical queries and assisting users.
-Responsibility for security of the platform Responsibility for documenting the configuration of the system.
-Troubleshooting any h/w and Application s/w reported problems.
-System performance tuning. Ensuring that the network infrastructure is up and running.
-The successful candidate must be competent being a technical lead on projects.
-The candidate must collaborate well with peers and or vendors for the ongoing enhancement and uplift of new Software and new infrastructure systems for commercial off the shelf products that provides applications and systems services for the OSS Mediation systems.
- Plan and create MOPs for various maintenance activities on the Real Time Charging and mediation platforms with an emphasis on reducing service impact.
- Perform Manual and Automatic testing on various software, telecom and reporting systems.
- Review and plan H/W refresh strategy while ensuring existing H/W is not vendor EOSL .
- Must possess a working knowledge of IP Technology.
- Troubleshoot hardware and software issues related to interconnected services - Must possess a strong knowledge of scripting skills that used almost daily on maintenance activities.
- Deployment and management of systems in a virtualized environment (VMWare)
Possess strong knowledge of Oracle/Sun Solaris, RHEL/Unix Sys Admin Level 3 and Windows Servers Systems hands at an expert level is mandatory for this job.
Strong inter-personal and communication skills.
Ability to program in Perl and/or various Unix shells.
Ability to solve technical issues quickly and independently.
Ability to automate systems administration tasks.
A degree in computer science or related field.
More than five years previous system administration experience.
Working hands on knowledge of telecommunications is a definite asset.
• Excellent knowledge of IP networking and Internet technologies (TCP/IP, CIP/IP, DNS, HTTP, Radius, Diameter). Experience with IPv6 is highly desired.
• Knowledge of Programming languages such as Java, C/C++, Perl, Unix Shell scripting.
• Solid working knowledge of Databases such as MySQL and Oracle.
• Strong knowledge of XML, SNMP, LDAP, SOAP protocols.
• Experience in an operator (Carrier) environment is highly desired
• Knowledge of Containers (e.g. Docker) & Container Management Systems (Kubernetes, OpenShift)
• You have strong written and communication skills and are a great team player.
• You are a creative problem solver who is ready to challenge the norm and provide outstanding customer experience.
C++ (1), LINUX (1), SHELL SCRIPT (1), TELECOMMUNICATIONS (1), IP ADDRESSING (1), IPV6 (1), 3GPP (1)
UNIX (1), UMTS (1)