Join our Team
The Design Specialist will join a high-performing team of individuals who collectively make CLIENT one of the leading telecommunications companies in Canada. Our passion for demonstrating our values and delivering on our Customers First commitments helps to drive our success, ultimately making a difference for our customers, our shareholders, our communities and our team.
Here’s the impact you’ll make and what we’ll accomplish together
The Design Specialist will join CLIENT’ business service evolution and the CLIENT enterprise SD-WAN DevOps team. The team develops and supports the next generation of CLIENT IP managed services. As a Design Specialist, you will take part in technology selection, service and equipment testing and the development of required standards leading to the introduction of new or improved business & consumer market solutions in a converged and programmable environment. This includes developments in managed layers (2/3 VPN), internet business services, LTE, CLIENT SD-WAN and other consumer services.
• Provide your technical analysis and recommendations for network and managed services design.
• Provide your service provider managed service experience, including design, implementation, and support.
• Support the end-to-end systems engineering, requirements and user story development to deliver operational automation capabilities for CLIENT Enterprise services and infrastructure.
• Take part in developing solutions and operational practices for SDN based Infrastructure and Services. including Fault Management, Change Managed, Software Regression, Failover, Disaster Recovery, High-Availability, Geo-Redundancy, VNF Capacity Management, Proactive Fault isolation
• Execute tests in the lab using IXIA as tool & following testing methodology described by CLIENT SMEs
• Share your knowledge of network performance test tools and of design and building complex test beds.
• Provide contributions that will improve reliability through establishing Best Common Practices and the Monitoring of key performance metrics.
• Provide your support in feasibility studies and cost assessment of new service and architecture and/or solution operational readiness.
• Take charge of bug scrubbing, test plan development and execution/documentation for managed services, particularly on CPE platforms.
• Resolve vendor trouble cases on behalf of CLIENT and hold regular root cause analysis meetings with vendors.
• Use your verbal, written and white-boarding communication skills to collaborate with senior CLIENT team members.
You’re the missing piece of the puzzle
• You have 5 years’ experience working with complex IP networks and/or Network Programming
• Practical knowledge of CPE platforms including Cisco ASR 9xx, ME3600,ISR 8xx, ISR 19xx, Juniper SRX, EX series is required
• You have expert level knowledge of networking (BGP, OSPF, VRRP, QoS, ACL, MPLS, TCP/IP, and Spanning-tree)
• Advanced knowledge in troubleshooting L2 and L3 routing and switching issues
• Knowledge of Cisco IOS/XR, Juniper JunOS, Alcatel TiMOS
• Working knowledge of access technologies such as LTE, HSPA, ADSL2+/VDSL/GPON
• Deep understanding of QoS solution, testing and design practices
• Hands-on experience of Juniper of core and Edge platforms such Juniper MX series, SRX series, Cisco ASR family, ALU 77x0
• Practical experience on IP/MPLS L3VPN, L2VPN, Routing, OSPF, BGP, IPv4, IPv4Multicast and IPv6 protocols and services is required.
• Working knowledge of Linux (Red Hat Enterprise/CentOS)
• Working knowledge of operational support systems/tools (SNMP, tcpdump, iptables, iperf)
• Working knowledge of Cryptography and AAA security Solutions such IPSec, PKI Architecture
• Good knowledge of Cloud/Virtualization/Hypervisor Platforms (ESXi and KVM)
• Knowledge in Rest API, XML, Jason, Perl, Java or Python, Shell or TCL script
• Experience of Cloud Orchestration solutions for x86 compute/network/storage systems such OpenStack, and VMWare are desired
• Experience of Ixia or Spirent tester is desired
• Ability to write clear and detailed technical documentation
• Ability to write and execute detailed test plans
• Able to work both independently and as part of a team
• Able to present solution to peers and executives
• You hold a P. Engineering, Bachelor Degree, Master of Engineering/Science, or Ph.D in fields of Communication, Software Design, Computer Science or Electrical Engineering.
• CCIE or JNCIE or equivalent certification.
• Knowledge of SDN technologies (Openflow, Open vSwitch, NETCONF, XMPP) and SDN Controllers such as ONOS, OpenDaylight
• Other preferred experiences include F5 load balancer, Palo Alto firewall, Riverbed
• Working knowledge of Data Center automation and cloud technologies and VNF management is a plus
• Experience of SQL database, Hadoop, Puppet, Heat, Chef are desired
• Experience on Bare-Metal switches and servers as well as OEM Certification are a plus
Must to skills:
1. Cisco /juniper/ ONEACCSS certification
2. IXIA/Spirent traffic generator experience
3. Scripting and Automation experience 3yrs+
4. Strong communication/presentation skills
5. Knowledge in Cloud services/ technology
Nice to have skills:
1. Secret clearance- will need to apply/renew if hired
2. Knowledge of SDN technology
3. Bachelor of Engineering