Role: Content System Integrator
Dept: OnDemand Services and Delivery team – Video
The OnDemand Services and delivery team is looking for a System Integrator that has “real world” experience integrating and delivering large-scale video streaming services including Live and Video on Demand, across a national footprint. The role is responsible for evaluating and integrating technologies that will deliver encoding, transcoding, packaging, Metadata, Digital Right Management and Encryption, Content Distribution Networks, Content Management Systems, digital watermarking and storage solutions for multiple lines of business (multi-tenancy).Candidate must have experience conducting RFI/Q/P’s, writing technical requirements, conducting vendor evaluations and lab trials along with completing architectural documentation and production deployments with the aforementioned technologies.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Evaluating and integrating new and emerging technologies into the core Rogers Video architecture
• Supporting Technology Development group in lab and on (PoC) proof of concepts
• Preparing and evaluating technical requirements documents
• Writing technical specifications.
• Updating technology roadmaps as needed.
• Lead complex engineering projects involving new and untested ideas and problems
• Manage the RFP process with documenting and articulating the technical functions and features, identifying suitable vendors, assessing the suitability of the offerings, and selecting the technology platforms and/or vendors.
• Assurance of process governance.
• Produce clear, well-crafted design project plans with specified tasks, milestones, and effort required against the desired service introduction and/or modifications to existing services.
• Working with cross functional teams to ensure continued platform compliance with business goals for media delivery capabilities
• Provide Tier 5 & 6 engineering support to Network Planning and Operations.
• Defect management and QA testing
• Expert engineering knowledge in managing IPTV network projects having scope for independent accomplishment and coordination of difficult assignments
• Be aware and adhere to all applicable Health and Safety regulations, in accordance with legislation and related Company policy.
• 5+ years of previous experience with a major MSO and direct involvement in building large communications networks.
• Knowledge of Facilities & Physical aspects, HFC networks, Transport, IP networks, protocols and networking principles.
• Comprehensive working knowledge of content ingest platform CMS (VOD ingest workflows, CableLabs ADI 1.1 and 3.0) along with IPTV distribution technologies
• Working experience with technologies from: RGB, Digital Rapids, Ericsson, Tektronix, Cisco, and Harmonic to name a few.
• Extensive knowledge of Metadata uses in the VOD environment along with XML tags in the video asset workflow
• Extensive knowledge of streaming technologies: HLS, MS Smooth Streaming, MPEG-DASH, Multicast, Unicast along with Adaptive Bitrate and Capped VBR usage
• Extensive knowledge of video CODECs including MPEG-2, MPEG-4/H.264 and HEVC/H.265
• Solid working experience with CDNs, Content Management Systems and related content processing technologies.
• Excellent organizational, written, and verbal skills.
• Excellent project management skills with the ability to create strategic and tactical plans, schedules, milestones, and manage accordingly.
• Communicates effectively with both technical and operations management
• Core Competencies: Customer Service Orientation, Teamwork and Collaboration, Adaptability, and Initiative
• Education experience should include Professional Engineering designation, undergraduate or graduate university degree in electrical/computer engineering, computer sciences or related work fields experience.
NOTE: Infrastructure mergers (architecural and design work); infrastructure knowledge; RFP exp.; Exp. in creating technical specifications; Proof of concepts and evaluating different options to simplify processes between the two companies; Agile environment (not waterfall) to be delivered in incrementals; DevOps env.