Activity A: Support: 0 – 40 (%)
• Day to day operations assist the Cybersecurity team respond to phishing, malware
and other cyber threats.
• Monitor and investigate SIEM alerts
• Participate in threat hunting to detect and prevent security related breaches.
Activity B: Implementation 5 – 30 (%)
• Implementation of new security solutions, participation in the creation and or
maintenance of policies, standards, baselines, guidelines, and procedures as well as
conducting vulnerability audits and assessments.
Activity C: Training/Mentoring 0 – 20 (%)
• Assist co-workers. Transfer special skills. Write & compile training material. Conduct
training sessions. Train clients/users and do self-training and/or review relevant
Activity D: Design/ Analysis: 5 - 30 (%)
• Review, analyze & understand specifications. Consider & recommend options.
Document structure charts, data models, etc. using case tools. Comply with
department / industry standards. Conduct design review.
Activity E: Business Analysis 40 - 75 (%)
• Analyze & document business processes and requirements. Review, recommend &
select system solution. Manage client/user expectations. Manage issues & political
environment. Arbitrate between various players. Work with clients & vendors. Assist
users to formulate & write new policies & procedures.
Activity F: Project Management: 20 - 50 (%)
• Manage both individual and team projects without direct supervision. Complete
proposals and cost/benefit analysis and define project scope. Determine resource
requirements. Delegate work, measure progress (outcomes and success). Arbitrate
between various players, managing issues and the political environment. Assist in
setting staff objectives & have input into performance appraisals for staff assigned
to project. Motivate, develop the staff and ensure achievements are recognized.
• Community College Diploma or Undergraduate Degree in Cyber Security or other equivalent
combination of education and experience.
• Minimum 8-10 years’ demonstrated experience in Cyber Security with progressively
technical and demanding roles.
• Experience with SIEM engineering, event ingestion, alert creation and dashboard design.
• Knowledgeable with Security infrastructure such as Firewalls, Web proxies and IDS/IPS.
• Experience working in incident response roles such as CSIRT.
• Significant experience working with IOC’s and interpreting cyber intelligence information.
• Significant experience working with malware threats and mitigating techniques.
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Cloud Services; Microsoft 365, Azure AD and Azure asset.
• Solid business background with a minimum of eight (8) to ten (10) years of progressive
experience in Information Systems and project management
• Strong organizational, communication (oral and written), interpersonal, supervisor and
• Significant experience in security solution design and architecture
• Extensive experience defining and gathering user requirements, business process definition
mapping, and gap analysis;
• Experience training co-workers and clients;
• Experience leading components of large scale, complex information systems projects with
2 to 15 IS professional staff and clients;
• Strong business process modeling and process re-engineering skills;
• Experience adhering to a development methodology and mentoring more junior staff on
the use of the methodology;
• Experience updating and presenting to executive stakeholder
• Experience with structured life cycle methods
• Experience working with multiple stakeholders and multidisciplinary teams
• Experience with applying a structured change management approach and methodology
• Comprehensive experience in current state and gap analysis
• Experience delivering projects with multiple vendors
• Experience coordinating complex, multi-program efforts and project activity
• Previous experience building and implementing change management plans
• A solid understanding of healthcare stakeholder and change management tools in order to
facilitate session to improve stakeholder engagement
• Knowledge of governance structures
• Demonstrated ability to deliver quality solutions
• A flexible and adaptable team player with ability to work independently as required
• Excellent analytical, problem solving, critical thinking and decision-making skills
• Superior organizational skills
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
• Facilitation of working sessions with the user community to develop and resolve approach
to implementing leading practices within the users business requirements;
• Experience with project management tools;
• CompTIA Security+;
• Associate of (ISC)2
• Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator: Security
• Strong knowledge of ELK stack an asset;
• Experience with programming an asset such as python.
• Strong knowledge of Windows Infrastructure Services; Active Directory, DNS, DHCP an
• Experience in developing training, testing and support documents
• Experience with implementation of systems in clinical environment
• Knowledge of governance structures
• Experience participating in benchmarking activities
• Experience in project value analysis
• Experience in transformational change
• Experience documenting workflows and identifying business/ functional requirements.