Activity A: Application Server Support: 25 – 55 (%)
• Support both the application server platforms and the operating systems. Work
in a multi-disciplinary technical team to identify/isolate problems, review and
prioritize solutions, and implement and evaluate these solutions within the change
management process as defined by the development.
Activity B: Application Server Management: 0 – 10 (%)
• Develop policy and procedures for the administration and operation of the
servers and services. Maintain the documentation based on hospital documentation
standards. Maintain and report on current resource consumption / utilization and
response time to augment the efficient utilization of the computerized resources.
Formulate a contingency plan for the operating system hardware and software
elements which would address failures of short duration as well as disasters
resulting in severe loss of capabilities
Activity C: System Security: 0 – 5 (%)
• Formulate and implement plans regarding the access of hospital personnel to the
hospital’s application servers. Monitor illegal access and notify the hospital of
breaches of access based on corporate security policies and procedures.
Activity D: Application Server Projects: 10 – 20 (%)
• Provide technical representation on application projects and architect technical
solutions that meets the requirements of the business and the technical direction of
the hospital, taking into consideration security, availability, redundancy, etc.
Activity E: Project Management 10 – 30 (%)
• Manage both individual and team projects without direct supervision. Complete
proposals and cost/benefit analysis and define project scope. Determine resource
• Monitors system performance, including project management, project financial
management and content management systems for data integrity, security,
compliance and integration.
Activity F: Training / Mentoring: 5 - 20 (%)
• Work towards mastering tools and technology supported and used by the Hospital.
Pursue self-development on current industry standards and credentials. Write
training material and conduct training sessions.
Activity G: Group Leadership 0 – 10 (%)
• Participate in the recruitment, selection and orientation of new staff members.
Ensure the technical knowledge base of members of the technical system analysts is
kept current and up to date either through training courses or hands on
opportunities. Delegate workload to individuals or groups for projects assigned or
service requests issued.
• Liaises and fosters positive relationships with key internal and external stakeholders,
such as ensuring the business and regulatory compliance needs of the Branch are
met, and working with contractors, vendors and suppliers on maintenance, updates
and support contracts.
• College diploma, University Degree or equivalent experience in a related field;
• Five (5) to Seven (7)years of work experience in diverse and complex server
• Good understanding of storage architecture design techniques, theories, principles, and
• Working technical experience with designing, building, installing, configuring, and
supporting storage servers and management software;
• Solid skills in Windows and Linux operating systems;
• Hands-on Fiber Channel, iSCSI, SAN/NAS/DAS troubleshooting experience;
• Experience with tape/disk drives and Networker backup and restore technologies;
• Knowledge of change management systems, such as ServiceNow;
• Knowledge of applicable data retention practices and laws;
• Experience desired in developing and submitting storage audits and compliance reports
to governing bodies, legal entities, and/or external authorities;
• Good understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives;
c. Preferred Qualifications
• Experience with EMC Isilon, XtremIO and PowerMax;
• Experience with EMC Networker and Data Domain;
• Experience with Brocade Fabric Switches;
• Experience with Cisco UCS;
• Experience with IBM Tivoli.