Activity A: Application Server Support: 25 – 55 (%)
• Support both the application server platforms and the operating systems. Work
in a multi-disciplinary technical team to identify/isolate problems, review and
prioritize solutions, and implement and evaluate these solutions within the change
management process as defined by the development.
Activity B: Application Server Management: 0 – 10 (%)
• Develop policy and procedures for the administration and operation of the
servers and services. Maintain the documentation based on hospital
documentation standards. Maintain and report on current resource consumption /
utilization and response time to augment the efficient utilization of the
computerized resources. Formulate a contingency plan for the operating system
hardware and software elements which would address failures of short duration as
well as disasters resulting in severe loss of capabilities
Activity C: System Security: 0 – 5 (%)
• Formulate and implement plans regarding the access of hospital personnel to
the hospital’s application servers. Monitor illegal access and notify the hospital of
breaches of access based on corporate security policies and procedures.
Activity D: Application Server Projects: 10 – 20 (%)
• Provide technical representation on application projects and architect technical
solutions that meets the requirements of the business and the technical direction of the
hospital, taking into consideration security, availability, redundancy, etc.
Activity E: Project Management 10 – 30 (%)
• Manage both individual and team projects without direct supervision. Complete
proposals and cost/benefit analysis and define project scope. Determine resource
Activity F: Training / Mentoring: 5 - 20 (%)
• Work towards mastering tools and technology supported and used by the
Hospital. Pursue self-development on current industry standards and credentials. Write
training material and conduct training sessions.
Activity G: Group Leadership 0 – 10 (%)
• Participate in the recruitment, selection and orientation of new staff members.
Ensure the technical knowledge base of members of the technical system analysts is
kept current and up to date either through training courses or hands on
opportunities. Delegate workload to individuals or groups for projects assigned or
service requests issued.
• College diploma, University Degree or equivalent experience in a related field;
• Five (5) to seven (7) years of relevant experience
• In-depth knowledge of Windows Active Directory;
• In-depth knowledge of Windows Server, Microsoft Exchange;
• Experience with content filtering solutions;
• Experience with web proxy technologies;
• Experience with Intel server hardware and related technologies;
• Experience with MS-SQL;
• Experience with Scripting;
• Solid understanding of TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, WINS;
• Best practices for security, system hardening;
• Experience with SAN Storage;
• Enterprise backup/recovery solutions;
• Web technologies;
• Experience with VMWare vSphere;
• Experience with Office 365;
• Information Lifecycle Management.
c. Preferred qualifications
• MCSE certification;
• Seven (7) years experience in a corporate IT environment;
• Cisco UCS;
• Experience with common desktop applications (MS Office etc..);
• Knowledge of MS Systems Management Server;
• Experience with PKI technologies;
• Experience with VPN;
• EMC Networker;
• Programming languages;
• Disaster Recovery;
• Data archiving solutions;
• Product evaluation/recommendation methodologies.