Activity A: Help Desk: 0 – 35 (%)
• Assist all employees with work related computer issues through the Help Desk
service. Determine and resolve issues in a timely and accurate manner. Effectively
communicate with other response groups.
Activity B: Call record Management and Quality Assurance: 0 – 50 (%)
• Ensure a five business day turnaround on installation of new hardware or software,
specifying client hardware or software requests.
Activity C: Support and install desktop systems: 0 – 100 (%)
• Troubleshoot, test, configure, install and repair hardware and software.
Activity D: Spec Desktop Systems: 0 – 100 (%)
• Assess proposed workstation requirements. Communicate standards for solutions to
the processing requirements and issue non-standard support memos as required.
Activity E: Hardware Software Control 0 – 100 (%)
• Prepare, and receive all software and hardware requests. Track and maintain
inventory of all software and hardware. Prepare and distribute hardware.
Activity F: Projects 10 - 20 (%)
• Manage projects with defined timelines. Update manager on status.
P a g e 5 | 33
• Provides project/program management support including conceptualizing, work
planning, resourcing and evaluating various projects.
Activity G: Project Management: 10 – 30 (%)
• Develops, leads, coordinates and/or participates in various projects/programs and
cross-functional project teams; consults with internal management and external
stakeholders, and provides advice and recommendations to support project goals
• Manage both individual and team projects without direct supervision. Complete
proposals and cost/benefit analysis and define project scope. Determine resource
Activity F: Training / Mentoring 0 – 10 (%)
• Work towards mastering tools and technology supported by the Help Desk. Pursue
self-development on current industry standards and credentials. Write training
material and conduct training sessions.
Activity I: Group Leadership 0 – 10 (%)
• Schedule, delegate and monitor work assignments in response to and in accordance
with the level of severity and service level agreements, drawing on years of
knowledge and management/organizational skills. Responsible for on call schedule
to ensure adequate coverage.
• College diploma or University Degree or equivalent experience in a related field
• Five (5) to seven (7)years experience working with computers and related
technologies in a hospital environment
• Advanced knowledge of, and experience in computer hardware support services,
including mobility, technology and network communications
• Knowledge and experience with ITIL processes
• Knowledge of Help Desk Problem Management/Work Management Software
• Solid project management skills (planning, developing, leading, directing and
c. Preferred Qualifications
• Broad knowledge of medical/clinical computing methodologies and systems;
• Experience with IT process development and implementation;
• Knowledge of WEB programming technologies;