Role: Senior System Integrator–Technology Service Layer
The Technology Service Layer Development organization is looking for a System Integrator that has real-world hands-on experience in design, build and implementation of high scalability software applications within a DevOps service operator ecosystem.
Reporting to the Sr. Manager of Technology Service Layer Development, the successful candidate will leverage their knowledge in solution architecture, requirements management, technical testing and software deployment best practices to play a critical role in building Service Enablement Microservices and integrating them into the Rogers Network.
This position requires creativity and innovation, strong communication skills, and collaborate with various cross-functional teams across Rogers.
• Responsible for converting the technical requirements of a project into the architecture and design that will guide the final product
• Lead design sessions to determine and identify functional and technical requirements based on interactions with users and knowledge of the software architecture
• Participate in developing solution options analysis and providing an optimum recommendation that meets the stated functional and non-functional requirements.
• Develop and document detailed design artifacts for building, testing and debugging the deliverables based on high-level designs and requirements
• Provide quality assurance, testing and validation to determine software suitability before integration into the main system
• Support troubleshooting in dev and staging and provide post deployment and integration support in production environments
• Setting up user accounts, installing software and monitoring system performance, as well as ensure servers are secure
• Interact with project management to plan projects schedules and technical direction.
• Provide evaluation and recommendation on existing and new integration solutions to fulfill functional and non-functional requirements
• Mentor junior team members on design patterns, integration and deployment best practices and DevOps trade-offs
• Works closely with the IT/Network architects and the different cross functional teams
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related field
• 7+ years of systems design and integration experience in an agile/iterative delivery structure and is viewed as a subject matter expert
• 2+ years of experience in cloud solution architecture
• Deep knowledge of cloud platforms and services
• Deep understanding of microservices architecture
• Deep understanding of software design patterns
• Experience in deployments using Kubernetes orchestration platforms
• Knowledge of DevOps tools and methodologies
• Knowledge of emerging and existing technologies
• UNIX and Linux experience
• Strong knowledge of IP Networking, Web Service protocols, API design, data formats and markup languages
• Solid understanding of virtualization, monitoring, event capturing tools and data streaming tools
• Excellent command of system and network administration including security controls best practices
• Software integration methodologies for Converged Networks and Services.
• High-level Analysis and Design Methods
• Strong technical aptitude, communication skills and willingness to learn a new application/domain are a must
• Previous experience working in telecom and video services is a definite plus.