The selected individual will be responsible for the planning and coordination of building all aspects of commercial access networks. One of the planner’s accountabilities is to make sure that their design adheres to Rogers engineering guidelines ensuring they are technically sound, serviceable, cost effective and completed within required timelines.
Departmental interlocking is especially essential in this role to ensure project details transfer effectively between the various individuals and departments. The System Planner will verify that all fields are completed, updated and milestones are accurately scheduled in RPATS (Rogers Project and Tracking Software).
The Selected candidate will report directly to the Regional Planning & Implementation manager (Ottawa). The System Planner will be responsible for the following duties: (This is not an exhaustive list)
• Plan\Design\Coordinate RCTV \ HFC \ Coax \ Fiber Network Architecture within Rogers standards and guidelines associated with new service delivery, plant upgrades and rehabilitation activity while ensuring they are technically sound, serviceable and cost effective.
• Field survey new and existing plant structures and routes for estimation and design of projects.
• Initiate necessary permits, utility applications and drawings associated with fiber/coaxial plant installations.
• Liaise with local utilities, municipalities and private property owners in order to facilitate the timely completion of projects.
• Prepare cost estimates, bill of materials and various other documentations for associated projects.
• Maintain and report on project status through Rogers project tracking system (RPATS).
• Investigate, coordinate and provide detailed synopsis of special projects for budgetary purposes within required timelines.
• Communicate with customer implementation specialists (CIS), construction department personnel, design contractors and developers to ensure a smooth flow of information between the groups.
• Be aware and adhere to all applicable Health and Safety regulations, in accordance with legislation and related company policy.
• All other duties as assigned
• Post-secondary diploma in one of the following is preferred: Electronics Technology, Data Communications, Project Management or Civil Technology.
• Core Competencies: Integrity, Individual Accountability, Operational Excellence, Customer Service Orientation, Teamwork and Collaboration, Adaptability and Initiative.
• Role Specific Competencies: Innovative/Creative Thinking, Problem Solving/Judgment, Achievement Orientation and Listening, Understanding and Responding.
• Minimum 5 years CATV or Telecom industry experience, preferably in Construction and/or Planning.
• Working knowledge of CSA standards, municipal by-laws, regulatory and utility standards.
• Excellent written and communication skills.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Oracle, AutoCAD and Adobe Acrobat
• Self-motivated individual with strong multi-tasking and project management skills, able to work in a fast paced team environment.
• Experience and formal training combined with demonstrated performance and ability may substitute for stipulated academic/experience requirements.
• Must have a valid Ontario driver's license with a safe driving record