Communications Consultant – Technology Strategy and Business Transformation, Strategic Initiatives Team
Are you passionate about technology and proficient in collaborating with technical teams to deliver high-quality communications content that helps operations teams and customers? We are looking for a creative, conscientious and highly-motivated communicator to create clear, compelling content to support our key business priorities and drive measurable outcomes for our customers.
As a Communications Consultant , you will be responsible for leading projects to drive awareness, learning and behaviour change related to critical technology initiatives to help deliver the advanced technologies that will improve the lives of Canadians. You will be joining a multi-functional team that will look to you to work closely with leaders across the organization to support the successful execution of technology, transformational and culture change initiatives. As a key link between our developers, engineers, operations professionals and the broader TSBT team, you will help to align stakeholders in support of key operational priorities including driving innovation and enhancing the reliability of our networks, platforms and processes.
Our industry and technologies are constantly changing, so a key part of being successful in this role involves being able to adapt and thrive in an environment of change – on any given day, you could be developing a learning campaign for a new technology or process, an update to our executives or technology team on a service disruption, a presentation for our leadership team, a recruitment marketing campaign or an operational program update. If you’re a strong writer with insatiable curiosity, relentless drive and limitless optimism, we’ll be excited to have you join us to tackle some of our biggest challenges.
• Lead the development and delivery of technology communications including operational updates, executive presentations, marketing materials and learning content
• Work closely with senior leaders and subject matter experts to obtain an in-depth understanding of the technology, incident or topic at hand and the requirements for communications
• Write easy-to-understand documentation for a variety of audiences including internal teams, technical specialists, executive leadership, the Board of Directors and external
• Support the development and implementation of marketing communications and learning campaigns focused on critical technology and organizational change management initiatives
You’re the missing piece of the puzzle with
• Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and synthesize them into clear and meaningful communications
• Passion for delving into research and engaging with experts to enhance your knowledge of technology concepts
• Familiarity with using multiple channels to disseminate operational updates and learning programs, such as web content, blogs, video, bulletins, social media, etc.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and an obsessive eye for quality
• Ability to build relationships and work with leaders at all levels
• Aptitude in managing high volume workloads while paying close attention to details
• Capacity to learn quickly from success or failure, apply sound judgement, and get things done in times of change and ambiguity
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft and Google applications including PowerPoint and Google Slides
• 5 to 7+ years of experience in technical writing, communications or marketing
• Background in telecom, government affairs and/or consulting preferred
• Deep understanding of technology
• Fluency in French an asset
Must to skills:
1. 5 to 7+ years of experience in technical writing, communications or marketing
2. Experience with writing a variety of documents such as but not limited to: operational updates, exec presentation, marketing materiel, learning content
3. Ability to work with Senior Leaders and Subject Matter Experts to grasp topic and create communication requirements
4. Delivery focused with an eye for quality and detail
Nice to have skills:
1. Background in telecom, technology, government affairs and/or consulting preferred
2. Ability to write for a variety of audiences and in the voice of different Executives.
3. Familiarity using different channels , blog, social media, web content and video